• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first real detector finds my first silver!

cladmaster

I started detecting about a month ago. Started out with a BH gold digger I think. Bought it for my son about 5 years ago. Anyhow, took it in my very small back yard and found 4 clad pennies. Although only 4 cents I was hooked. So I bought a 60.00 dollar Gold Digger Gc-1036 (think its a Chinese model) and did fairly well. 29.80 in clad with it and some junk jewelry. I'm now swallowed the hook and my wife bought me a Garret Ace 250. It came in around 5pm and I swung it for about 30 minutes in the same back yard that two other detectors had been through a couple times a piece and theAce found a 1960 silver dime, a clad dime, one wheetie, and four copper clad pennies! Needless to say, I'm very excited about my ace and thinking about all the other things I've missed over the last month. Garret I'm a believer!

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of detecting from Nevada. Good luck with your garret and many more finds to come!:cool:
HH
Godigit

Thanks for the warm welcome. San Diego is a great place for detecting. The weather is very supportive. I hope to find more treasure;-) good luck to you too!

Welcome from colorful Colorado! Congrats on finding your first silver, there's no turning back now after tasting silver... watch what happens to you when you taste gold. Good luck and have fun with your new hobby!

Ace 250 my first detector too,and I use it more than my f70 even though my ace has a slower recovery I do know it well. Persevere look all over you find goodies!

Welcome from Washington State, Great job on your first silver. I have a 250 also and it took me six months and over 500 coins to get my first silver coin.

Yup the Ace 250 is a great detector! Has found me lots of goodies! Congrats on your finds!

Well, no silver yesterday but a sack full of clad and good practice with the Ace. Still getting the pinpoint down. Recovery is a lot slower than with my old tector. Of course it was a shallow detector. I did realize how trashy some areas I previously hunted were until I re-searched the areas with the Ace. For you Garrett owners do you dig all the Target signals or just the solid nickel and foul? Have you found good things in between? Thanks for the advice in advance!

Similar story here. Started with a Realistic/Micronta metal detector and played out my back yard. Got my ACE250 and spent another two hours digging in the same backyard. No silver, house is only 6 years old, but other coins and metal things.

I usually dig all, but sometimes I'll filter out all but silver and try that. It generally gets you some booty a little quicker into the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom