My thoughts on the Mi6 pinpointer (read before buying)

remmy

Forum Supporter
I have been using the Mi6 for a few months now and I am torn between good and undesirable attributes, so heres my thoughts.

I like the fact that nobody can hear the Mi6 when in public places. I know I can set my carrot to vibrate but I suffer nerve damage in my right arm and my hand vibrates on its own.

I like that it comes with it's own tether.

Ok, that sums up me bestest thoughts, now...

It is uncomfortable, it feels to me like holding it upside down is more comfortabl. I hold it with the button towards my thumb. I do this because the power button is nearly impossible to depress with your fingertip. I didpise the power button in general because you have to hit that puppy just right or it does not make contact. Many times I try to turn it off it just makes quick contact and changes sensitivity, then I have to hit and hold it again. In cold weather with heavy gloves, forget it, you will be taking your glove off at every hole to turn it on or off (did I mention the button sucks?)

Maybe it is just mine but the cap that unscrews to charge it feels like it is crossthreaded but it screws on ok (minor I know)

The holster, sheath, whatever you call it stinks too, flimsy and the clip doesn't fit wider belts. My Mi6 lives in my carrot sheath, it holds it's shape and hols it tight.

Ok, heres the real thing that jacks me! Turning it on 50% of the time I have to wait 15 to 30 seconds for the deus to stop screaming at me until the 6 beeps and decided to work.
Turning it off is a gamble as to whether the deus will come back to life or not (yes I am 4.1) I have had to turn it off and reboot it many times, most of the time it comes back on its own in a minute or two.

Bottom line, if you don't have it, you don't need it. I will use it because I paid good jack for it but my carrot is always nearby, good old fast on fast off doesn't kill my detector reliable carrot)

It does pinpoint well when turned on.

Last edited:
I love mine, never had those problems with it. I also use my thumb on the button, just slide it into the sheath that way and when I pull it out my thumb is right on the button. I thought it would be hard to get used to it but not at all.

After hooking the sheath on one of the loops on my Garret pouch I poked a couple of holes at the top of it and used a zip tie to keep it from hanging out away from the pouch. The clip should have been hinged at the top of the sheath, not at the middle.

Sounds like yours may be defective, perhaps send it in for a fix or exchange.

Back
Top Bottom