Closing in on a milestone...career silver #1249

Captain Silver

Elite Member
And my old Minelabs will never be replaced by a Equinox:lol: Hey, I have to include that detector in my thread like the rest of you:laughing: So anyhow, while loitering at a local beach today I noticed yesterday's storm cut away some of the overburden piled up on the top of the slope by Superstorm Sandy 6 years ago...sweet! Went home, grabbed a Explorer II and a scoop and hit it for a quick 45 minutes Easy to please, all I need is one of these to make it a successful hunt:yes: Everything...pulltab rings, squaretabs and a couple aluminum bottlecaps, brass scraps, a key, a battery terminal:lol: swim buckle, $1.36 in clad including one of those dollar coins not sure what this is from, National Biscuit Co... 1911 and 1920 wheats only the 4th silver this season but its a old Merc at least I spent 20 minutes trying to come up with a title to this thread...what haven't I used in the last 8 years:lol: Then I remembered Trapper's 1000th silver thread from the other day, hmmm...and how many silvers do I have? Good thing I counted as I almost missed a milestone...but I did find a thread title:D and that's it for this outing so thanks for looking and see you after the next...Happy Hunting!

mmmmmmm

I am looking hard, i can't see any Gold Chains, that a Equinox would have pulled in a cut like that , i feel your pain bro., :(:D congrats on your ms

Last edited:
Taking advantage of the moment Bruce. Congrats on #1249, hope #1250 is your Kennedy. The best thing for me is to know I still have a very long way to go to reach your numbers. It looks now it will be another 5 or 6 days before we see any open ground to hunt. Already been shut in for the last five. We got nailed very hard with the weather here and tomorrow they are predicting another four inches of snow. Weekend looks better but it will take some time to melt over a foot of snow. Trapper

No matter what 1250 turns out to be it will be a heck of an accomplishment! Great job! :cool:

I have looked and looked but I can't find a similar National Bisquit Co. emblem. I'm thinking most likely from a toy or a tin or even a cufflink possibly? Nice job on the silver BTW. Here's a few images from my search...

Attachments

• 5328279_orig.jpg
    5328279_orig.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 5063671_1_x.jpg
    5063671_1_x.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 7-x-10-Metal-Sign-1919-National.jpg
    7-x-10-Metal-Sign-1919-National.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 256
  • oreo-cookie-sandwich-national-biscuit-company-tin.jpeg
    oreo-cookie-sandwich-national-biscuit-company-tin.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 239
That's just an amazing number. :wow: I'll be lucky if I reach 100 before I go off into that final sunset.

Nice score on the old merc. That's a hell of a cut. Nice to see you out hunting.

Back
Top Bottom