California?

I'm in mission viejo ca

Hi I live in mission viejo. I hunt at the local beaches a lot and also hit a lot of parks.

Donny.

Sacramento newbie looking for a MD buddy

Hi, I'm from Sacramento and have been metal detecting for about a month. I have found a small pile of coins, small 925 silver charm, a fishing weight and a squashed penny! I'm absolutely hooked! I have been lucky enough to have found something every time I have been out so far. I Would love to hook up with someone (experienced or noob like me) any where in the bay, sac, placerville area or any where close. (within a few hour drive) I'm a 37 yr. old male very easy going. I use a garrett ace 350, Shoot me an email if you want to hunt together.

Thanks, Calvin

[email protected]

Wet sand....

The ATPro doesn't work very well in the wet sand but works great in the dry sand on California beaches. I buy most of my stuff online but there is a place in Temecula I think it is call American Prospector and they have sand scoops. Have a good trip.

I found this video on youtube that mentions ground balance for wet sand at 1:31 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXmrEPd_So[/url]

A lot of us are from PA. and yet there is no competition and you never see anyone out. Unless you plan on it anyway lol. A lot of us meet up all the time. Well a lot of us here in Southeast Pa.

Ive visited CA and its really some beautiful land but I like my PA mountains. :grin:

Calvin - Drop me a line when you want to go out. I've been in the hobby some 40 years (started really young) and always a pleasure to meet new people in the same area I reside. By the way, I'm in Vacaville so not too terribly far from you and have lots of decent spots between here and Sacramento that I'd be willing to share a hunt in.

Stephen

Welcome to the Hobby!

Fullstringer - I get up there on occassion to your area. Did you happen to purchase from Larry?

Ciao, Stephen

Last edited:
The most Southwest city Imperial Beach. Beach detecting with
Minelab GPX5000. I Find Everything Gold & Diamond Rings - Diamond Earings -
Gold & Silver Chains - Silver Rings - ETC. and a Bunch of JUNK ?.

dang...

im 15 and none of my friends metal detect... any young teens like me metal detect in the bay area around san jose or something? i need a hunting buddy!:D

Huntington Beach here. I usually hit the pier just after the sun goes down. Lots of fire pits and volleyball courts. The 4th should be amazing and the US Open for surfing is coming up in the beginning of August! Record breaking crowds, and treasure!!

what a great place to detect! endless, big, flat beach...newport and laguna right there too

San ramon, ca in contra costa county, I'm close to lots of you guys, just got back from capitola with the kids.

Valley Center in North San Diego County. Mostly hunt the wet sand. Haven't been able to get out as much as I would like :( Still working on my surf techniques

Cheers
Tab

Back
Top Bottom