Quote on the anfibio finally

jruckman38

Elite Member
Got the quote last night for the anfibio that took over month to get. Everyone setting down. $541.00 I about fell over I can add 2 hundred more and get a new one.

Got the quote last night for the anfibio that took over month to get. Everyone setting down. $541.00 I about fell over I can add 2 hundred more and get a new one.

Unfortunately, the resale value for MD's is quite good. I've seen used machines in good condition from Minelab, Garrett, XP and Nokta Makro sell for one or two hundred less than brand new. If you're patient, you can find motivated sellers who will sell for less. If that's what you're looking for then that's what you'll probably have to do...good luck on your search!

Remind me to never purchase another Nokta/Makro, that is just preposterous! :shock:

Wow, ^^^ definitely something to take into consideration. I can't see other companies that I've dealt with charging that much unless they are replacing case, board, speaker, battery etc.

Wow, ^^^ definitely something to take into consideration. I can't see other companies that I've dealt with charging that much unless they are replacing case, board, speaker, battery etc.

I had my AT Gold repaired a few years ago, new LCD, a full check up, etc... it cost me around 80$. This number seems WAY too high... especially if they are only remounting the control head back to the shaft...

What are they doing to the machine? It sounds like you are getting a whole new control pod. As a person who repairs things damaged by others I have found a few things out. Replacing things that may not show obvious signs of damage but are delicate in nature like the circut board and speaker are better off replaced rather than have the job come back a week later because of a failure. The second thing is the manufacturing process in todays world most times makes it impossable to repair and a whole new what have you needs to be used. For me the biggest question is there a warranty on the new part.

What are they doing to the machine? It sounds like you are getting a whole new control pod. As a person who repairs things damaged by others I have found a few things out. Replacing things that may not show obvious signs of damage but are delicate in nature like the circut board and speaker are better off replaced rather than have the job come back a week later because of a failure. The second thing is the manufacturing process in todays world most times makes it impossable to repair and a whole new what have you needs to be used. For me the biggest question is there a warranty on the new part.

It’s getting a new control pod and handle.

Boy....they saw you coming...🤣🤣🤣...you could get 2 Simplex's for that.

Must be a difference in makro and nokta,I always thought they were the same company. Makro customer service is top notch imo. Sorry to hear about your situation,that sucks. Maybe some good old fashioned J&B weld would fix it?

Back
Top Bottom