Three objects

moeferg

I found these tonight....

The first is some kind of weight? it says "special" on the side

The second says Schrader on the side along with balloon tire pressure gage

The third is the most interesting. It appears to be brass I think, it is heavy and very hard to bend.

Attachments

• weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 379
  • bike pump.JPG
    bike pump.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 371
  • brass clip.JPG
    brass clip.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 380
Great Job on the Tire Pressure Gauge, I found the same one about 2 years ago and it was still in the leather case. Does yours say Schrader's Son Inc. Supplied to United States Tire Co? Thanks for Sharing and HH. steve

I think the first photo is a wheel weight.

+1 on the wheel weight. It will be lead but not pure lead so it will still be pretty hard and not easy to bend. In fact, I have several wheel weights that stick to a magnet.

the second pic is a tire gauge off of a Model A Ford. May have been from other cars as well. I have one that has been handed down through my family. It is not worth a lot but I really treasure it. Here is an ebay link to one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bb11ac9a&vxp=mtr

the their pic I have no idea about.

OK the first one is a tire weight, the second a antique tire gage, how about the third item? I thought that was the most interesting one.

tire weights are pure lead but have a steel hook to hook it to the rim hence the magnet sticking ... I used to melt them down to pour lead sinkers

tire weights are pure lead but have a steel hook to hook it to the rim hence the magnet sticking ... I used to melt them down to pour lead sinkers

You are right about the steel clip being the reason for the magnet sticking, my bad there, but wheel weights are not pure lead. They have tin and antimony added for strength. I use them to cast bullets and they are much harder than pure lead.

As far as picture #3 goes, does the other side look the same or is it smooth and flat? I'm still clueless on what it might be but I'm trying to get a better picture in my mind.

#3 is a quarter. Not sure what that thing is beside it. :laughing: OK...Ok...Sorry. Someone had to say it 'cause we were ALL thinking it!:lol:

The corners of the flat end appear that they have a braze or silver solder there, as if it was attached to another piece...

Back
Top Bottom