Lesche VS. Razor Edge Gator- if you own both, please chime in.

xringracing

I've been using a Fiskar digger.... which I like. But before the Fiskar , I was using a typical scoop shaped garden trowel before. After switching to the Fiskar, I've learned 2 things. It doesn't scoop dirt well, but it does cuts better plugs.

Bottom line is, I'm thinking of ordering a Garrett pro-pointer and saw the Kellyco deal with the Gator is only 20.00 more. My logic tells me, the V-shaped Gator could perhaps dig dirt from the hole, better than the Fiskar or Lesche. Is the Gator as good as the write up intends?

My goal is not to carry a digger and a 2nd tool for scooping dirt.

What do you recommend?

Also, any dealers offer a combo with all of these items and the garret Camo pouch?

I dont have a problem scooping dirt with the Leshe I just use my hands. I started out with the gator. Its not bad but I like the leshe much better, its far superior in cutting a plug. The gator seems thicker, heavier, and not made as well. As for scooping out more dirt with it, I think its only just a tad better than a leshe

Ryan

It a better scooper. You'll need to sharpen to be as good a sod cutter. Dont forget take10 coupon for $10 off. The teeth cut roots better thn lesche as well but again, after sharpening. It comes very dull, almost no bevel to the edge.

Just when I thought I had it narrowed down to 2... thanks Lizard:lol: I hadn't stumbled upon that one yet.

Gator lover

I have two becauseI got the same package on both of my Propointers. Cuts plugs and scoops well. Will be sharpening them this weekend for better usability

Put that Gator on a belt sander and after the edge is sharpened it is a super tool. Lifetime warranty, too. Funny thing about Kellyco is that they used to sell the Gator Razor Edge for around twenty bucks but now it is really expensive unless you get it with the pin pointer package. I went for the Minelab Pro Find 25 package as I already have a Garrett Pro Pointer. Both packages are good deals.

I got the gator with the pinpointer and Im not happy with it. You can read about it under gator mods. If the fiskar was stronger that would be #1 tool for me.

Diggers...

I had a Lesche...and it was a great digger. But I lost it somewhere. So, in a pinch, I went to Lowes and got this digger tool from the lawn and garden section... TrueTemper. About the same time, I ordered one off the e of bay called TreasureWise...it came with a nice leather belt sheath with a clip...I have since stopped using it and use the True Temper from Lowes, and carry it in the sheath. Digs great plugs, removes dirt nicely, has a serated edge, and a straight edge...works GREAT for less money!!

Back
Top Bottom