• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Viper Trident users

Scubadiver911sr

I just bought a Viper and wheather i wave a silver coin or a piece of iron under the coil it makes the same sound.......will this detector make different sounds? I really cant figure this out can anyone help???? Thanks

Because it doesnt have tones... the only way you should be able to tell is by where you are setting the discrimination knob. But audibly, on that machine... everything comes up the same as far as I can tell by reading about it.

Between my lap top and my metal detector i'm going to break something LOL Ughhhhhh that sucks about the same tone, i believe it i cant get any other tone out of it......whats a good detector to buy for diving with and land use??

Between my lap top and my metal detector i'm going to break something LOL Ughhhhhh that sucks about the same tone, i believe it i cant get any other tone out of it......whats a good detector to buy for diving with and land use??

Well if you're looking for something similar, the White's BeachHunter ID 300 is similar in respects to your Trident. It ground balances, and probably emits the same sort of sound... HOWEVER, the BHID also has 3 tones as well as a 3 color LED system to help you discriminate out what you dont want to dig. Because of this discrimination, it can easily be used on land... I've used mine at a tot lot and a field before, and actually was able to pull more nickels using it than my normal land machine.

You ground balance in AM mode, then flip the switch to discriminate and go on. I don't have a whole lot of experience with mine yet, but if you can afford the price tag, it's a great machine.

I only suggest the White's cuz from the sound of it you are wanting to be able to discern what is what, and it has the capability of discriminating.

However, a few people use PI machines, like the Minelab Excalibur on land, with great success... but alas, it's a dig all type thing. The White's Surf PI Pro is another similar machine.

I only suggest the White's cuz from the sound of it you are wanting to be able to discern what is what, and it has the capability of discriminating.

However, a few people use PI machines, like the Minelab Excalibur on land, with great success... but alas, it's a dig all type thing. The White's Surf PI Pro is another similar machine.

THE minelab Excalibur IS NOT a PI unit, its a vlf machine with variable tone ID system...The whites surf PI pro is a PI with a single tone.

Back
Top Bottom