Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 AM

I really like the features on the Impact. I'm just a bit disappointed in the fact the pro pack is 1k$ and it isn't even weatherproof and battery life is about 7-9 hours.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hotled View post
I really like the features on the Impact. I'm just a bit disappointed in the fact the pro pack is 1k$ and it isn't even weatherproof and battery life is about 7-9 hours.
In 5Hkz which is the most power consumption frequency, I get more then 9 hours. Honestly, battery life is not a problem. I use rechargeable batteries (their set that they provide, and I bought a package of enoloops from Costco) and swap out.

As for price, call the dealers and get a small discount.

Not being waterproof is a disadvantage but there are not to many machines that are not beach machines that are waterproof.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM

I just want something that won't get fried when rained on even with covers I tend to stay out since it cools off in the rain lol

Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Hotled View post
I just want something that won't get fried when rained on even with covers I tend to stay out since it cools off in the rain lol
It would be unwise to purposely stand out in the rain with any unit not deemed waterproof.

Now, there are a few units that are deemed water resistant,,meaning they supposedly can take at least a short period of exposure to rain,,without internal damage.

Now, saying all this, a person out detecting and are somewhat far from shelter and are using a non waterproof detector, a user should be thinking of ways they can temporarily protect their units if they say get trapped in the rain.

Ask around on this forum, I am sure you will get some good ideas.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:00 PM
Elite Member

This is link showing it seems an aftermarket coil for Impact.

I hope I am not breaking forum rules here by posting this.

Seems the link reflects a business somewhere, looks to be outside of USA.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/di...d.php?2,129088

Old 07-18-2017, 09:14 PM

TNSS
I haven't gotten to the salt yet. I hope this weekend, I have found an undisturbed 1700 site here in CT. Its an abandoned farm that the owner died on and had no heirs. It sits empty and forgotten. I went last weekend and the property is wide open. The doors to the main house were wide open. I went in and everything is as the way it was left. All possessions and furniture just as if they just walked away. This will be my hunt for the next few years! Virgin 1700s farm...News at 11....

Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by mudwhale View post
TNSS
I haven't gotten to the salt yet. I hope this weekend, I have found an undisturbed 1700 site here in CT. Its an abandoned farm that the owner died on and had no heirs. It sits empty and forgotten. I went last weekend and the property is wide open. The doors to the main house were wide open. I went in and everything is as the way it was left. All possessions and furniture just as if they just walked away. This will be my hunt for the next few years! Virgin 1700s farm...News at 11....
Nice!!
Pound that baby!