AT Pro coil question?

Has anyone used the 9x12 coil? Whats the benefit of this coil?
separation on smaller items and a little more depth than the dd.. the greatest depth will be in the center of the coil.. If you don't have the 5x8 dd.. I suggest checking into it as well..

Has anyone used the 9x12 coil? Whats the benefit of this coil?

It might, just might go a little deeper, maybe in mild soils.. But I believe if one truly understands how a DD works they would never want the 9x12 concentric..

There are also guys out there that believe they cannot pinpoint with a DD, and end up with concentrics on everything...

<*)))>{

It might, just might go a little deeper, maybe in mild soils.. But I believe if one truly understands how a DD works they would never want the 9x12 concentric..

There are also guys out there that believe they cannot pinpoint with a DD, and end up with concentrics on everything...

<*)))>{

+1

ok thanks I picked one up for super price. Just wanted to get an idea what to use it for...

It would probably be pretty good at getting a few extra deeper targets at some of the spots that you have already done well with the stock coil in the past...

The key to finding those few deeper keepers is to overlap your swings a lot, moving forward only an inch at a time... That way the center of your field which is round and cone shaped is covering everything at its deepest point...

<*)))>{

I own one. It gives more ground coverage per swing than the DD coils. Concentric coils are easy to pinpoint. I use the 9X12 PROformance coil in the wide open spaces of athletic fields or parks to search for gold jewelry (depth is not an issue). With the At Pro's 15khz transmit frequency, it does the job rather well. I use the smaller 6.5X9" PROformance coil at the local river and lakes with gold jewelry recovery success. Concentrics, in not severe mineralized ground, has more depth than it's similar sized counterpart DD...at a cost, though. That cost is the lacking of good target separation you get with the DD coils. The optional coils are tools to be used when the conditions at an area within a site dictate it. I can't have too many. When the opportunity comes, I'm ready. Consider purchasing the lower rod and mounting hardware for a quick coil change to any of the optional coils. HH

<*)))>{

i cant understand why anyone thinks pin pointin with a DD coil is hard..When i am pin pointin i very rarely even use the x patern they reccomend....and i am dead nuts 99% of the time...

Back
Top Bottom