Steel Netherlands dimes.....from ND!

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I was hunting an area of my yard that is soon to be a driveway and garage. I figured I'd dig pretty much everything. About a half hour into hunting I got a nice high pitched signal, much like a penny, but was a little choppy. Since the grass will be gone soon enough I figured it wouldn't be a terrible thing if I tore it up a bit.
Here is what the choppy signal gave me......a pair of steel dimes from The Netherlands!! What the heck!?
My guess is that they were show and tell pieces that didn't quite make it home. Very neat , small coins in any case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 160
Its just amazing how things end up where they do!

A magnet will tell what they're not made of real quick!

Cool digs!

<*)))>{

Thanks guys! I thought they were some kind of play money since they were so small.
I think my yard is now hunted out.......that is until I buy an Etrac and go back over it 37 more times!

Lol figured right away they werent steel cuz they werent lumps of rust

once saw a video where someone dug a stack of wheat pennies with a steel 43 in the center that looked like a blob of dirt

Nice finds! Not very surprising finding foreign coins in the vacinity of a military base. Also Minot has that Scandinavian heritage.
When I got into detecting back in 02, I was stationed in Tacoma WA. I found coins from China, Japan, Germany and few others.

Very cool. I love finding coins from other countries here in the good ole U.S.A. Unique finds make my day. Very nice man. Congrats on the persistence to dig the pennies. :)

I'll go with the nickel composition......all my science brain cells were taking a break while I was typing that they were made from steel yet had no rust on them.

Back
Top Bottom