Another dandy hunt......3 silver, 1 big token, etc..

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Well, had to work the pipeline til 4 am this morning, got back to my Folk's house and went to bed, woke up at 9:00 am for some God awful reason and couldn't fall back asleep so I figured I'd do some diggin'.

Hit 3 different yards with only one that really produced, but produce it did!
Found 3 silver dimes (1 Merc and 2 Rosies), a Dakota Territory Centennial token from 1961 (good for 50 cents in trade), 6 clad quarters, 14 Wheaties, 17 clad dimes, 1 clad nickel, 60 Lincolns, 1 1954 Canadian penny, 1951 Canadian nickel, and a 1977 Canadian dime.
All-in-all.....it was a good afternoon!

Now to try and stay awake for tonight's shift!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 176
Reverse of souvenir coin

Says, "Good for 50¢ at any cooperating business or redeemable at face value at the North Dakota Centennial headquarters, Bismarck, North Dakota until July 4, 1961"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 142
Thanks everyone! The clad is always fun to find but it's the silver that keeps you thirsty for more!
I'm going to be hitting a couple more yards tomorrow in New Town so maybe my luck will continue. New Town is only 61 years old so I'm not expecting anything extremely old but the two yards I'm going to are a couple of the oldest in town.......

Warning: History Lesson
Back in 1953 the 'good ole' Corps of Engineers built the Garrison Dam on the Missouri River to control the flow which in effect flooded out three towns in the lower parts so a lot of the older houses in town were moved from the soon to be flooded towns (Sanish, Van Hook & Elbowwoods). My grandparent's house was one of those brought over from Van Hook, which coincidentally was the first place I metal detected in New Town. (Lots of Wheaties but no silver, although my grandpa was one of those penny pinching Norwegians and collected coins as well so maybe that explains the lack there of)

Now a days New Town is one of the main towns that has been affected by the Bakken oil boom.....which I'm sure everyone has heard of. It's a bit of a rat race around here anymore.

Back
Top Bottom