Alpha of My Omega

Diggum

Elite Member
I was able to take my Teknetics Omega 8000 out for a quick spin after work. At first, I wasn't so sure about it, but after I got into the swing of it, I can say that I'm quite pleased! It hits deep, and when you hit something worth digging, you know that you've hit something worth digging. I think this stick and I will be spending some quality time together in the near future!

I found 34 cents (could have sworn that I found three dimes, not two!), what I think is a Girl Scouts pin, a wheat cent, and very little trash. The amazing thing is that this thing hit on that tiny piece of ketchup wrapper. Wow! It was an unstable signal, but I wanted to dig it just to see what it was.

And as much as I didn't like concentric coils, I have to say that I'm really starting to see their advantages. Due to the shape of the field, pinpointing with the coil is a snap. My only fear is that I'm going to miss something due to the conical nature of the field, but having now found two coins in an area that I'd gridded with the ATP and a DD coil, and thought I was done, I'm feeling pretty good about the concentric. :yes:

Attachments

• 20140617_202901sm.jpg
    20140617_202901sm.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 20140617_202901.jpg
    20140617_202901.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 20140617_202938.jpg
    20140617_202938.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 228
Nice finds. You will love the detector, I have one as well & wouldn't own anything else. I'm looking to get a 5" dd coil at some point. I at times have issues with the pin point with the concentric coil, usually off a few inches either way.

Hey Jon, nice to see some pictures from the new machine, glad you got it working. Hope it does what you need it to do, check on you later.

Cliff

Hey Jon, nice to see some pictures from the new machine, glad you got it working. Hope it does what you need it to do, check on you later.

Cliff

Thanks, Cliff!

Hey, wait a minute... When did you pass me on clad total?!?! Yeesh, I need to get out there and HUNT! :yes:

Thanks, Cliff!

Hey, wait a minute... When did you pass me on clad total?!?! Yeesh, I need to get out there and HUNT! :yes:

Hey I went out Saturday & Sunday this past weekend .... $4.66 on Sunday, same park I found the gold ring, I still have more hunting to do there :laughing:

Started with my Omega last December 31st. Fun machine to swing.

Congrats on the finds. GL and HH!

Back
Top Bottom