New Member in Salt Lake City, UT

MontyPython

Greetings,
Just a newbie to the hobby based in SLC. I've been lurking for the few days since I bought a second-hand Ace 300. I've already started getting use to it in my backyard--dug a bit of clad plus a few head-scratchers, like a damaged but fully-intact Springfield 30-06 round, used round (unsure of caliber) in my front lawn, and pewter US Army insignia along my grandma's driveway.

Carrot pinpointer arrives in two days--hoping to trim down the painstaking process of dirt fishing in hard clay.

My neighborhood dates to the early 20th century and expanded dramatically in the postwar boom, and my house was built in the 1920s, so I'm hoping to come across some silver before too long near the creeks and in the city parks (using my yard to perfect target extractions so I can be a no-trace MDer).

I appreciate everyone who has written the countless threads or posts I've devoured already! Hope to sponge up even more knowledge in my spare time.

If you're in the Greater SLC area and need a buddy, shoot me a PM! I'd love to learn from a hobby veteran!

Greetings,

Just a newbie to the hobby based in SLC. I've been lurking for the few days since I bought a second-hand Ace 300. I've already started getting use to it in my backyard--dug a bit of clad plus a few head-scratchers, like a damaged but fully-intact Springfield 30-06 round, used round (unsure of caliber) in my front lawn, and pewter US Army insignia along my grandma's driveway.

Carrot pinpointer arrives in two days--hoping to trim down the painstaking process of dirt fishing in hard clay.

My neighborhood dates to the early 20th century and expanded dramatically in the postwar boom, and my house was built in the 1920s, so I'm hoping to come across some silver before too long near the creeks and in the city parks (using my yard to perfect target extractions so I can be a no-trace MDer).

I appreciate everyone who has written the countless threads or posts I've devoured already! Hope to sponge up even more knowledge in my spare time.

If you're in the Greater SLC area and need a buddy, shoot me a PM! I'd love to learn from a hobby veteran!

Welcome to the forum! The guys here are sooo helpful and genuinely cool dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us! We'd love to hear about your hunts. Enjoy your new hobby!

Welcome from the Treasure State! I"ve been at this hobby for about a year now and I learn something from this forum every time I log on. The veterans here are a great resource.

You'll probably have the best luck on private property with permission for anything old. The parks were being worked over by a dealer there in the '70s and he was finding 1800s coins then. Places like public school yards and ballparks with concessions stands can be good for lots of clad. Salt Lake City had 25,000 people in 1884. Best wishes, George (MN)

Welcome - I'm out in Vernal. I get to SLC every once in a while.
Good luck and HH!

Welcome from another newbi from Utah down in cedar city did the same as you played around in the yard for awhile going out for the first time this weekend

Back
Top Bottom