Rare DR Pepper Thief Bottles & More

Sabres54

Hey guys i recently started a youtube channel with a few bottle digs and metal detecting. And if you like fishing there some videos of that too. If you'd like, check out my channel.
Also any tips on digging hard packed rock filled soil that you mighth have IM ALL EARS!

eb6f3f9db1126a6dd4ea1caad3535a61.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9Zx0wDp5_oqasZRNXxT_16ZnuuDzOeec

Airborne ATW

Last edited:

I actually found quite a few of them and that link is actually one that I had sold. Theres a really unique story behind them.
Apparently DR. Pepper were using those bottles and other companies would reuse the same bottles as well. So they embossed their bottles with those words. Well people really never returned those for whatever reason and they dumped them.
The more rare variants i have seen go for over 1,000$.

Airborne ATW

I actually found quite a few of them and that link is actually one that I had sold. Theres a really unique story behind them.
Apparently DR. Pepper were using those bottles and other companies would reuse the same bottles as well. So they embossed their bottles with those words. Well people really never returned those for whatever reason and they dumped them.
The more rare variants i have seen go for over 1,000$.

Airborne ATW

Bottlers using other bottlers' bottles was a big problem in those days so that's why you see big letters on bottle bottoms of that era. They would put their initials on the bottoms to identify whose bottles they had. It was also very common to see things like "This Bottle Not To Be Sold" or "This Bottle Is Never Sold" etc. on the backside of bottles. The strong "no nonsense" wording on those Texas bottles make them very desirable.

Attachments

• SS856668.jpg
    SS856668.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 410
  • SS856671.jpg
    SS856671.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 407
Back
Top Bottom