About time!

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Blasted-off about 7AM to hunt an old (base) ball field across from an old School. I had high hopes for the ball field, but after 45 minutes of nothing (and that includes hardly any trash), I walked across the street to the School. I'll probably go back and walk the ball field again. I'll give it a couple hours, but if I leave empty-handed, I'll scratch it off the list.

Pulled several toasted pennies, I knew t was a mix of Wheaties and Memorials, as well as a couple Nickles. I was sure hoping for a Buff, since I've never found one. Was really happy to snag a little silver as well. It's the 1st I've dug since I took my "break" from detecting, about 5 years ago. Never gets tiring seeing a little shiny in the hole, was as excited to see it today, as I was the 1st time I dug one.

Most of these coins were in the 4-6" range, and I could just barely hear them using the 5.75" coil on the DeLeon. I dug 3 pennies from the same hole, checked it, filled it, checked again, and got another deep signal. So I dug another off to the side, under the plug. Later, I crossed at a different angle, got another deep signal, and dug another. I pulled either 5 or 6 pennies from the same 12 square inch area. Too bad it wasn't all silver :p

I could only read a couple dates on the Wheaties, 40/50 something, and possibly one from the 30's. All in all, I'm happy :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice! Any day you can pull a silver quarter from an old school is a good day in my books!

Nice day!!! Hit my park and found all modern clad. It's fun pulling something other than a pull tab, though:laughing:I really need to work on getting some permissions....

Thanks all!

Silver's nice, but I'll take whatever I can get, if it's clad, so be it :D It's just nice to be able to wake-up and go, everything after that's a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom