And so starts the New Year 2017!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
This is KT's first post for the New Year...clean slate and empty storage boxes and tubes starting off! HA HA

Picked up the boxes last Thursday and because KT had a motorcycle club meeting that night, He got a late start ripping rolls that evening. Finished up on Friday, while watching the snow flakes fall from the Royal Counting Room window. Here is the account:

Box 1 - 1 NIFC :p
Box 2 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 4 NIFCs :yes:
Box 3 - 6 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die 96 Ken :roll:
Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs :D
Box 5 - 4 NIFCs :p

Total first CRH of 2017 - not that bad....1 90% Ag Ken, 1 40% Ag Ken, 17 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die error.

Enjoy the pics! Onward and upward! :laughing::laughing: Best of luck to all this new year.....:D

Attachments

• CRH 01 05 2017 1 64 Ken 1 40% Ken.JPG
    CRH 01 05 2017 1 64 Ken 1 40% Ken.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 400
  • CRH 01 05 2017 17 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 01 05 2017 17 NIFCs.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 489
  • CRH 01 05 2017 1 96 grease filled die Ken.JPG
    CRH 01 05 2017 1 96 grease filled die Ken.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 305
This is KT's first post for the New Year...clean slate and empty storage boxes and tubes starting off! HA HA

Picked up the boxes last Thursday and because KT had a motorcycle club meeting that night, He got a late start ripping rolls that evening. Finished up on Friday, while watching the snow flakes fall from the Royal Counting Room window. Here is the account:

Box 1 - 1 NIFC :p
Box 2 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 4 NIFCs :yes:
Box 3 - 6 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die 96 Ken :roll:
Box 4 - 1 64 Ken, 2 NIFCs :D
Box 5 - 4 NIFCs :p

Total first CRH of 2017 - not that bad....1 90% Ag Ken, 1 40% Ag Ken, 17 NIFCs, 1 grease-filled die error.

Enjoy the pics! Onward and upward! :laughing::laughing: Best of luck to all this new year.....:D

For those that don't have a clue: what does NIFC stand for?

Not Intended for Circulation.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-kennedy-not-issued-circulation-question.html

Lower mintage coins sold by the mint to be added to collections not for use in the real world although many still seem to be released into the wild for many reasons.
Proofs are the rarest of these types with their mirror finish but many still escape from their display sets and end up in rolls.

Luckily most of the general populace don't know much about coins, silver content or anything else except how to spend them so they can be found out there by those that hunt for them.

Last edited:
Not Intended for Circulation.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-kennedy-not-issued-circulation-question.html

Lower mintage coins sold by the mint to be added to collections not for use in the real world although many still seem to be released into the wild for many reasons.
Proofs are the rarest of these types with their mirror finish but many still escape from their display sets and end up in rolls.

Luckily most of the general populace don't know much about coins, silver content or anything else except how to spend them so they can be found out there by those that hunt for them.
And now for the serious answer...thanks Digger!

We lived on a little farm, Daddy worked the coal mines and had a side job repairing cars and whatnot, he was seldom home. He left short hand lists of chores for me and my brother to do..."MTC" milk the cow..."FTF" fix the fence..."CW" cut wood, "STH" slop the hogs, and things like that....One day, along with all the rest, he left us a cryptic "NIFC"...

Neither me or my brother could figure it out! We pondered and studied on this as we went about our familial duties, putting a check mark next to the easy abbreviations as we completed them...But what was "NIFC?"....Confused, we left "NIFC" blank.....He got home, covered in coal soot and axle grease, dog tired, we could hear him running the squeaky handpump in the kitchen next to the sink to wash the grit out of his throat, when all of a sudden, He gave a mighty swear and hollered out...."Dammit boys! Didnt you get the Newts out of the Frigging Cistern?":laughing:..

"NIFC" meant 'Newts In the Frigging Cistern'....makes sense now...a flock of newts sure can clog a handpump, and makes for some pretty nasty tasting water and coffee!...even chickory...
Mud

Last edited:
Mr. Mud Sir,

That has to be a true story, nobody could make that shine up.............:laughing:

Mr. Mud Sir,

That has to be a true story, nobody could make that shine up.............:laughing:

Nope! Not a lick of it was true!

However, My GreatGrandpap was a tinker, he could build or fix anything, boats, houses, whatever. Well, later in Life he started making violins...He got pretty good at it and there were some old newspaper articles written about him even...He was a member of several guilds that catered to violin makers, sort of like this Forum is to us, theres a group or club for just about every hobby/pasttime it seems.

He lived in Shipshewana Indiana at the time, and I dont have to tell you, that place is World reknown for its Amish Furniture, so there were a lot of tools and wood and guys that knew how to work with wood around there...So consequently, there was a little bit of a side group of violin makers established...

This was back during the Depression, and they were constantly at odds with the cello makers, dulcimer builders and banjo fabricators...all struggling for the same dollar, so to distinguish themselves, the violin makers got together and formed a group to enable them to help each other market and sell their wares against the competition, and gang up against those other guys...

They would go out and beat the !!!! out of anybody that was not a violin maker or member of their Guild, run off their horses, burn down their shops, things like that, and they would pull out and play their violins as those places burnt down! The old timey people in those parts still shudder to hear a violin screech late at night! ...It was a tough group back then 'cause money was so tight!

Called themselves the Northern Indiana Fiddle Craftsmen! Or "NIFC" for short...! Hells Angels dont have nothing on those old timey FiddleHeads! :laughing::laughing:
Mud

ps...I can do this all day long! :laughing::laughing:

Nope! Not a lick of it was true!

However, My GreatGrandpap was a tinker, he could build or fix anything, boats, houses, whatever. Well, later in Life he started making violins...He got pretty good at it and there were some old newspaper articles written about him even...He was a member of several guilds that catered to violin makers, sort of like this Forum is to us, theres a group or club for just about every hobby/pasttime it seems.

He lived in Shipshewana Indiana at the time, and I dont have to tell you, that place is World reknown for its Amish Furniture, so there were a lot of tools and wood and guys that knew how to work with wood around there...So consequently, there was a little bit of a side group of violin makers established...

This was back during the Depression, and they were constantly at odds with the cello makers, dulcimer builders and banjo fabricators...all struggling for the same dollar, so to distinguish themselves, the violin makers got together and formed a group to enable them to help each other market and sell their wares against the competition, and gang up against those other guys...

They would go out and beat the !!!! out of anybody that was not a violin maker or member of their Guild, run off their horses, burn down their shops, things like that, and they would pull out and play their violins as those places burnt down! The old timey people in those parts still shudder to hear a violin screech late at night! ...It was a tough group back then 'cause money was so tight!

Called themselves the Northern Indiana Fiddle Craftsmen! Or "NIFC" for short...! Hells Angels dont have nothing on those old timey FiddleHeads! :laughing::laughing:
Mud

ps...I can do this all day long! :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: How do you come up with this Mud? :laughing:

:laughing: How do you come up with this Mud? :laughing:

Snowed in..plus, nowadays its all 'Code Speak' anyway...OMG! LMAO! NIMBY! So a feller just starts thinking about ways to make communication easier I suppose....Around here, me and the Wife say 'WITH' a lot..that means "What In The Hell?" Some snow plow driver guy pulls out in front of us at an icy intersection.... WITH! We get a bill from the Tax assessor... WITH! The dog knocks over a candle in the middle of the night on the carpet and sets the whole living room on fire, the smoke alarm goes off, and I come barrelling down the stairs bare naked with a fire extinguisher in one hand and my pistol in the other!... WITH?

We've said WITH a lot this Winter, tough year so far. So this 'NIFC' is sort of interesting to figure out I guess, to give everybody a little creative break from the standard utterances and daily dealings of my boring Life...Just like Coin Roll Hunting! :laughing:

There was a guy I knew a few years back, he was the recognized local tosspot and hung around at Kens bait store In Warrenton Alabama where I bought my daily allotment of LuckyStrikes...Being a tosspot, He was Hell of a fisherman as you can imagine, a true self appointed 'know-it-all' and prolific contributor to any and all subjects discussed! He was there every morning early for the free coffee...He talked in 'Code Speak' long before it was fashionable or the norm...So a guy had to diligently pay attention or miss out on the main details...

Old guy, but spry enough to launch a boat and fill it with crappie or gills...He was born without no collar bones he told us, so when somebody needed any kind of heavy work to go along with his advice, he couldnt do it on account of that tragic birth defect...He had no trouble toting a case of beer or pulling a cork though, must be using leverage and leg muscles? He was Slightly built with a shock of vibrant white hair...Like a Q-tip...Understandably, we all called him 'Cotton'...

Cotton had some stories! Wonderful stories! About grave robbers, and 'snapper worms' and catfish so big they would wreck a boat! Howling ghosts of murdered women out at Crybaby Bridge! Cotton carried an old .38 S&W Chiefs Special tucked into his overalls someplace, a Schrade Pig cutter in there too, Zippo lighter, the basic old guy set up... he was ready for anything the day presented and not to be trifled with in between!...

He was a great friend and mentor to me!! I sort of picked up where he left off and carry his mantle of tall tales, killer fish, Bigfoots and ghosts!..General baitstore banter peppered with pearls of wisdom... harmless and entertaining bullcrappery...Its the least I can do in his honor I figure...I was born with collar bones, not all the bullcrap slung today can be abrogated and timidly surrendered un-challenged to the MSM or Politicians....WITH!

If Cotton was here, he would tell you something about the origin of 'NIFC'...I suspect it would have something to do with the 'Northern Imperialist Fighting Corps' that invaded Alabama long ago during the War of Northern Aggression..., or maybe something to do with outer space aliens before 'UFO' became the accepted moniker...'Non Identified Flying Craft'...Or maybe even about fishing advice? Big sign out front of Kens...NIFC! 'Nightcrawlers Instock, Free Coffee'...:laughing::laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments, even tho The King thinketh His Royal Thread was highjacked! HA HA But it was obviously all in fun, so KT is just greatly amused!

Good KingTotsalot shall sleep well tonight knowing that His Royal 5 Boxes awaiteth His Majesty at the Royal Bank on Thursday! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom