Any chainsaw users?

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
To make a long story short, I used to use Stihl's years ago then went with Husqvarna's. I traded in my Husqvarna 350 (good saw) for a Stihl 250 and it is too small. I have always wanted to try a Jonsered but I have never been around them. I found a Jonsered dealer about 1 hour away from me (never knew there was one in my area) and am going to trade the Stihl in on a Jonsered CS 2150 TURBO from him. Has anyone used or been around Jonsered chainsaws and if so are they any good. I think they are pretty much the same as a Husqvarna. Thanks! Steve.

P.S. In my opinion Stihl has really cheapened up the quality on their saws compared to the one's they used to make.

Jonsered is pretty much all I have ever used. The only thing is I have never used a newer one. My dad has had his for at least twenty years or so and never a single problem. The only thing about Jonsered's, at least the older ones was that they are quite heavy. I am assuming like all newer chainsaws there is a lot more plastic on them now and probably a lot lighter.

You guys hang on to your stihl and reds, I will keep my Mac 55. It's a 70's model and the only problem I have with it is find parts to keep it running. :lol: When it finally dies I will buy a Huskie. :D

Well folks, went and got the Jonsered last night & used it today. Worked great, easy starting, plenty of power and not too heavy. Almost identical to the Husqvarna's, made in the same building in Sweden. Jonsered's/Husqvarna's/Poulans/ are all owned by Electrolux. Steve.

i got stihls and huskvanas.. husky is for the ground, stihl o 20 t for my climbing saw,, can't beat the power and reliability when climbing... :D :D :D

In the past I've owned homelites, but last fall I bought a poulan. I don't use one on a regular basis but do a lot of cutting on my place. I'm not very happy with it. It will start cold and run ok until you get it pretty hot and kill it.
Then it will not start until it cools off. I'm not talking about hot enough to throw the breaker, just good and warm. I know most saws are pretty tempermental and you have to learn just the right thing to do (choke, not choke, prime or not prime, etc.) I've had it to a repair man for carb adjustment and check but still does it. May just be me I don't know....but I wish I had bought a homelite.
Later.......Al

Back
Top Bottom