V3i owners...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
I know you all love your machines, I know its not an easy machine to master but it's not rocket science either, I build my own computers how hard can it be. I know you are happy with the support system Whites has in place. I'm satisfied there is no newer model on the horizon. It's time to buy a V3i but...

What I don't know is if you had to buy a V3i again what accessories would you get with it, ie extra coil, protective rain and coil covers, travel cases, wireless headsets, etc. and what didn't you need to get with your purchase; crappy pointer, flimsy digger, magazine subscription to 'Geek on the Beach' whatever. And finally where would you go to get the V3i. I have a brick and mortar store close to me but online could be good unless they are going to add a bunch of after market products that are far less quality then whats at the retail outlet. No sponser or dealer need reply here please, and I know who you are now :lol:
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg

I will be traveling with it, useing it in the fresh water beaches of Michigan lake as well as the good old midwestern dirt and clay.

Kolby... I know you are the resident V3i expert and i have read much of your posts.

Diggler... for sure I would like to know how you would build your V3i

IF YOU COULD DO IT AGAIN.......

Hey Chicago I think if I could do it again I would get the rain cover and a sniper coil. The wireless headphones dont mean much to me really. I also got a coil cover that is pretty sweet

I think you'll be happy with the v3i. Don't get too excited over the polar plot, its been proven to be quite inaccurate past a few inches. Anyway, in my opinion the wireless headphones are AMAZING, although hot in the summer. This feature is most handy when in the woods, no more snagging on twigs and brush. Also super handy elsewhere when you put the detector down for whatever reason you're not tethered to the machine which is great. Forget the bullseye II, its no better than the harbor freight $10 model. Skip that and get a propointer unless you already have one. My bullseye is sitting in a closet somewhere. The digger is junk as well, the bag . . . ehhhh I dunno. I've personally never used it, for me its more of a hassle than anything else. As far as coils, besides the stock D2, I picked up a 4x6 shooter and it works GREAT in high trash areas, but because of its small footprint, it doesn't cover much ground. I do plan on getting a rain cover, I've been caught one too many times in foul weather, I don't like my equipment getting wet. Also, if you do get a second coil, I recommend getting a lower rod also, makes changing coils much faster / easier. The plastic nut and bolt can get annoying after a while, especially when sand works its way into the threads. Coil covers I like, I'd rather bust a $15 cover rather than a $300 coil. I do not silicone them on because of condensation and mineral build up, I take them off every once in a while and clean underneath them.

Good Luck!

The V3i is a great detector...:yes:....The wireless HP's are really great.....Not on hot Texas days but they are still fantastic....It is not that hard to grasp how to use it.....Very user friendly and does require you to learn it.....Which I would expect for a $1400 detector.....The coils would be the Eclipse 6x10, Eclipse 4x6 and Eclipse 5.3 ...in that order...I didn't care for the 10DD or the 12"...coil covers for sure....Theres a place that makes some really great screen covers....Matter of fact I have a used one and if you buy the V3i I'll send it to you for nada (no, it's not all scratched up)...:p..The stuff that comes with the Whites pkg now is okay as it's from the factory for a limited time..........Better than the other giveaway junk from other places....Of course these are ....My Opinions....Good luck :cool:

I really like the wireless headphones on mine so much that I bought the AHEADZ wireless for my E-Trac
I got a detector stand Its a little bracket that bolts to the bottom of the control box it helps to keep it out of mud/water/sand
I have a whites bag also but all it really does is keep the dirt off
no real protection otherwise
I would get a propointer and a good digger

Im gonna p.m. you some other info also

Hey Chicago I think if I could do it again I would get the rain cover and a sniper coil. The wireless headphones dont mean much to me really. I also got a coil cover that is pretty sweet

noted, and thanks Kolby... I will find you posts most informative as I make this upgrade. The spectra wireless would be tuned to the unit so i'm holding on to that HDset. So you would take a smaller coil for trashy area over the bigger 12" to cover more beach area as a second coil.

Don't get too excited over the polar plot, its been proven to be quite inaccurate past a few inches. As far as coils, besides the stock D2, I picked up a 4x6 shooter and it works GREAT in high trash areas, Also, if you do get a second coil, I recommend getting a lower rod also, makes changing coils much faster / easier. The plastic nut and bolt can get annoying after a while, especially when sand works its way into the threads.

I am aware of the polar plot capabilities thank you. I have a good pointer. Now you also would not go bigger with the second coil on the V3i. and your tip on lower rod is noted, I will take this advice.

The V3i is a great detector...is not that hard to grasp how to use it.....Very user friendly. The coils would be the Eclipse 6x10, Eclipse 4x6 and Eclipse 5.3 ...in that order...I didn't care for the 10DD or the 12"...coil covers for sure....Theres a place that makes some really great screen covers....Matter of fact I have a used one and if you buy the V3i I'll send it to you for nada (no, it's not all scratched up)...The stuff that comes with the Whites pkg now is okay :

Good to hear it's not going to take all summer to learn, I will research your coil selections. thank you much for the advise, is there a problem with the screens that they need protection?

again its good to hear they will send quality extras if i buy online.

I really like the wireless headphones on mine so much that I bought the AHEADZ wireless for my E-Trac
I got a detector stand Its a little bracket that bolts to the bottom of the control box it helps to keep it out of mud/water/sand
I have a whites bag also but all it really does is keep the dirt off
no real protection otherwise
I would get a propointer and a good digger

Im gonna p.m. you some other info also

thank you, can you link me to the stand accessory you purchased for your V3i? my pointer and digger are good to go thanks again

The extras are what is with the special now from any Whites dealer, included in the box from factory.....The protector is a rain hood/screen cover....

my short list

pmed my wish list to a dealer

got everything but the Wireless Headset because wireless headsets are just not ready for prime time. Way to many bad reviews out there especially Radio Shack Auvio products. There dosent seem to be an all weather gear kit for the V3i but no matter I pack a poncho :) Lots of things on my list were free or discounted plus i have those coupons backing up so that kinda makes me a Kellyco shopper i guess.

thanks for the accessory tips

Back
Top Bottom