Small collections

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Do any of you collect small things in a collection - things not real popular with detecting ? Here's some thimbles I have dug over th years - some have writing on them , middle one came from a Civil War fort, one or two are silver. What do you collect in the smaller categories ? Steve in so az

thimbles.jpg

old brass hose nozzles

I have a collection of about 10 of them . from large to small. heres a few and also skeloton keys , i hace 6 so far. heres a few of those

Attachments

• chicago 960.jpg
    chicago 960.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 239
  • grandkids 177.jpg
    grandkids 177.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 190
One time I had an online site all about brass hose nozzles. Told all about them and even gave some prices. Can't find it now. Neat collections, Steve in so az

Don't really collect them, but occasionally keep religious medals that I find.

Attachments

• Medals.jpg
    Medals.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 184
Nozzles

That's funny about the nozzles. I bought a new one a couple of weeks ago and dug one just like it a few days later. I use the one I dug. I've dug a pistol type sprayer or two also, but the nozzles work better and are cooler.:cool:

Okay so far I've found three of my small water sprinklers, they work pretty good after being buried in the ground for a few years. And I collect pop tops all shapes and sizes, just kidding.

Glad to see your thimbles, folks here and on other forums seem to find em frequently and it always makes me wonder how they got outside and lost. Did you find yours mostly under trees, if that is the case then it might make sense if it was too hot to work in the house?

Good stuff, maybe we should have a thread for weirdest stuff folks have found, or maybe there already are some threads on that subject.

ColoKid

Okay so far I've found three of my small water sprinklers, they work pretty good after being buried in the ground for a few years. And I collect pop tops all shapes and sizes, just kidding.

Glad to see your thimbles, folks here and on other forums seem to find em frequently and it always makes me wonder how they got outside and lost. Did you find yours mostly under trees, if that is the case then it might make sense if it was too hot to work in the house?

Good stuff, maybe we should have a thread for weirdest stuff folks have found, or maybe there already are some threads on that subject.

ColoKid

You should check out: Most unusual find??? on this forum, there's some weird stuff there:shock:.

ColoKid - Dont remember just where I found them - around houses for sure so maybe you are right on, steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom