Never give up on "worked out " areas !!

foreverRich

Forum Supporter
Went back to my old neighborhood school again this afternoon. I have hunted it hundreds of times and so have many others. Before going, I ran through my mind where my best chances of finding something were. I thought about the fact that most of my hunts concentrated on the athletic field area, so I decided to hit the area around the outer curb surrounding the fields. I knew the hunting would be difficult because there is a lot of trash in that area. First surprise was the padlock and finding the other piece about 6" away. Was totally blown away when the Silver Quarter showed up. Was certainly worth changing up my hunting habits to find more silver.:yes: Till next time. Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• 3222017 Hunt.jpg
    3222017 Hunt.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 3222017 Washington Obverse.jpg
    3222017 Washington Obverse.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 3222017 Washington Reverse.jpg
    3222017 Washington Reverse.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 413
So true, I took my explorer to a school (now a vacant lot) that I had also hunted for years. I pulled 3 more silver dimes and several Wheaties from that lot. I met a newbie at another spot last week he said he hunted that lot and didn't find anything but trash.. I told him to go back and there should still be more there... it's a large area and I'm sure there's more there waiting to be unearthed..

Wtg

Way to go finding a GW in a hunted out site. Makes finding silver more rewarding when we find it in difficult places. Are you using your Bounty Hunter. I started with an Elite 2200 Bounty Hunter, and I hardly ever dug bottle caps with mine, and I did find a lot of silver, just not very deep, maybe five inches? I am going to buy a friend a metal detector, so it needs to be cheap, but work well, like my old Elite 2200.
HH everyone

Way to go finding a GW in a hunted out site. Makes finding silver more rewarding when we find it in difficult places. Are you using your Bounty Hunter. I started with an Elite 2200 Bounty Hunter, and I hardly ever dug bottle caps with mine, and I did find a lot of silver, just not very deep, maybe five inches? I am going to buy a friend a metal detector, so it needs to be cheap, but work well, like my old Elite 2200.
HH everyone

I wasn't using the Bounty Hunter this time. I was using the Teknetics Gamma6000. I have used the Discovery 3300 many times at this school. Last year I found a 1877 seated dime at 8" with it. That would be a good choice for an inexpensive Bounty Hunter detector. They are really underrated considering their ability. They even have manual ground balance.

Nice silver find! Bounty Hunters are under rated. I think what gave them the bad rap was the way they looked. I used to get smirks from the White's guys at the beach with the Land Star I had, but I was diggin deep stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom