Choices

DW0378

Forum Supporter
For those preferably that have used both machines. I am looking for a salt water machine for use on Long Island. Choices narrowed down to CZ 21 and the excal 2. Both seem like great machines but from what I have read the Minelab has issues with durability and sounds like it will need some upgrades out of the box and while I don't abuse my stuff i'm not gentle either so that has me worried a bit. The CZ seems that it's built like a tank from what I have read. I am a noob at the salt water and have A Deus for the land what should I think about before deciding on which one I want? Not sure its the kind of money I want to spend right now but is the 3030 really worth the extra cash if I opted to go that route? I am also going thru all the threads I can find here but most seema year or more old.

Last edited:
if it was me all day every day Fisher cz 21

love them CZ 21 built like a tank and it just works. I played with a minelab for few weeks it was ok but she never really clicked with me like the Fisher did. But thats just me you could feel differently.

Try to hook up with someone or rent each to get a feel.

HH Hunting Koz

I've been detecting Long Island beaches for about 10 years now. The Cz 20 or 21 whether 8 or 10 inch coil works great for me. I've never used the Excalibur but see a lot of guys using them. And what you said about durability, I agree with you only from what I read on the forums. The cz is a tank and holds up to just about anything

I've been detecting Long Island beaches for about 10 years now. The Cz 20 or 21 whether 8 or 10 inch coil works great for me. I've never used the Excalibur but see a lot of guys using them. And what you said about durability, I agree with you only from what I read on the forums. The cz is a tank and holds up to just about anything

MY thoughts on durability are purely from the internet and the couple of folks I have seen swinging the Minelab over the last year but even with that they swear by them. I have read good thing about both the CZ and the excal but between the mods that seem to be needed and its durability makes me think twice before buying. Never really heard anything bad about the CZ other than it's a bit heavy and one would be better off chest or belt mounting it. Now to throw a monkey wrench into my process I have gotten a really good price quote on a 3030 so it adds to what I need to consider.

How are you liking your Deus by the way we never did get together so you could try mine out first?

I have only been out once with it but I like it so far. Looking forward to this white stuff on the ground to vanish so I can get out some more. So far so good. I have a lot to learn with it. Have you done the upgrade to 4.0 with the Deus?

I bought a new Excal for $1175 and a CTX for $1,825.... The excal get better depth (by 50% more) in PP mode than the CZ. The CTX is worth the money hands down.

I have them both and plenty of others. CTX is my go to machine always.

If u need a referral or have questions, just ask.

I have only been out once with it but I like it so far. Looking forward to this white stuff on the ground to vanish so I can get out some more. So far so good. I have a lot to learn with it. Have you done the upgrade to 4.0 with the Deus?

I did do the upgrade but have not had the chance to try it out yet

Back
Top Bottom