November/December AMAZING Boxes (pic heavy)

TorqueMaster

Elite Member
Been meaning to post these for quite a while but the holidays and life...you know how it is.

Sir Torque has had an exceptional streak of great fortune. It all started with offering refuge to a fair damsel from the clutches of a toxic and dishonorable rogue -- and it appears they may very well live happily ever after. That story has yet to be written. The great fortune continued with silver treasures never before witnessed by this unworthy knave, treasures I share with you today...

I accumulated many boxes of halves in late novenber and december, and they were not organized -- exact dates of delivery I cannot say, but the goodies speak for themselves!

Great box 1 had: 1 1987, 1 proof, 6 40%, 1 Benjamin, and... a 1913s Barber Half!!! Holy cow never thought I'd see one of these in a box!!!

But wait...it gets better...great box 2 held even more incredible stuff: 3 40%, 5 1964 Kennedys, 4 Benjamins, 2 Walkers, and... an 1893 Commemorative Half from the Columbian Exhibit aka World's Fair in Chicago 1892!!!!! I'd never heard of this coin, but learned that this 1892-1893 coin is the first ever US Commemorative coin issued! This coin also makes the box a 90% silver quadrality!!!! Holy cow!!!!

Next image shows those two great boxes and other fun stuff found in a few others -- more proofs, another 1987, two 1986 Commemoratives. Close up of a scratched proof, the mark of greedy, stupid rogues to be sure.

And if this wasn't enough, along came great box 3. It started out great when I saw 2 enders right off, one of them showing a walker half reverse! Contents were: 2 proofs, 4 40%ers, 3 1964 Kennedys, 3 Benjamins!!!, 4 Walkers!!!!, and... wait for it... a 1907 Barber Half!!!!! Wow somebody dumped a slew of goodies this season, and the mind reels at what I DIDN'T find, but so amazed at what I have found. And it's another 90% silver quadrality!!!!

I'm hoping more of this motherload continues to surface, but am beyond belief at this point. Bent the needle on the luck o meter and probably broke it off. Thanks for reading. Coming up soon, my year end totals. :)

More than ever, HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Attachments

• novdec2016_goodbox1.jpg
    novdec2016_goodbox1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 224
  • novdec2016_barber1front.jpg
    novdec2016_barber1front.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 309
  • novdec2016_barber1rear.jpg
    novdec2016_barber1rear.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 209
  • novdec2016_goodbox2.jpg
    novdec2016_goodbox2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 209
  • novdec2016_columbian_front.jpg
    novdec2016_columbian_front.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 214
  • novdec2016_columbian_rear.jpg
    novdec2016_columbian_rear.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 290
  • novdec2016_scores.jpg
    novdec2016_scores.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 211
  • novdec2016_proofscratch.jpg
    novdec2016_proofscratch.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 211
  • novdec2016_goodbox3enders.jpg
    novdec2016_goodbox3enders.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 223
  • novdec2016_goodbox3.jpg
    novdec2016_goodbox3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 275
Congrats! Nice Columbian Expo, one I don't have -

Those Barber halves don't come around often, I've found only one, when I got back in the hobby around 2008 I found an 1884 in a hand-rolled the first week I started.

Walkers are always great finds.

I like those newer Liberty commems too, I just bought one for $5 off ePay.

Keep up the good work!

Holy Hadrians Haberdasher! A heavy haul of handsome Halfs!

Me thinks its time this Lout got off some some scripts and makes some trips! It sure looks the banks are raining silver! Beautiful! Wonderful! Splendiferous!
Mud

KT understands mimicing is a form of flattery!:laughing::laughing:

But Holy Kingdom, those three boxes are CRHer DreamMakers!:shock:

Royal Congrats from KT's Kingdom to you, Sir Torque....proof is abundant you have earned the Sir Title.:yes::yes:

KT danced for a week when He captured a single Barber half a couple of years ago, and in 3 boxes you captured 2!?! :dingding::kingdances::laughbounce:

Thanks everybody!

amc rulz -- 1884, very nice. I remember way back I found a Walker in one of my very first boxes, I was freaked out. Seems like it took a year before I ever found a Benjamin, which seemed so weird.

KT -- Thank you sir! There were really about a dozen boxes I went through, but those were by far the best 3. I'm convinced somebody dumped a nice collection with lots of old 90%ers and I caught a lot of it in what probably would have been fairly consecutive boxes.

So...I mentioned this post to my fair maiden to whom I have offered refuge, and things are still going very well... and she asked if those guys will congratulate me on finding her, or the coins? I said "The coins." Boy was I right. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom