Fate - Believe it or not...

Thanks to everyone for their kind encouraging comments.:blush:

After five days I'm still on cloud 9 and wondering how it all came together for me on that special day.

Meggie ...

Great story which makes me smile every time I read it:grin:

Meggie can sniff out gold anywhere!

"his happiness was enough for me" ......

That's awesome Meggie!

Thanks for a great story and also the great pictures. Congratulations.

NebTrac

Necklace looser posts his thanks...

The guy that lost this necklace joins up and posts his reply on our Australian forum :

Hi everyone esp. ‘Meggie’!

This was an amazing day at the beach. An extraordinary turn of events and to this day that saw the return of my necklace. No-one can quite believe this story and telling it always gets similar reactions in that people seem to just agree that there is a higher universal force at work.

I lost the necklace Summer of 2010/2011. I was swimming with my daughter and I did a handstand in the water which made the necklace fall off. My daughter noticed it missing immediately but to my dismay it was not to be found. Friends helped look later but we all knew it was highly unlikely it would be found - the waves roll in and cover anything with sand. I remember my friend Marie said “Don’t worry Mark – we’ll find it next year”. I could see she had some kind of belief, but to me it was a line of support as I was sad at about the loss. The gold pendant was a gift to me when I was 8 or 9 years old and came from Italy. I had been wearing the pendant on a chain since 1992 – so 20 years of wearing it continually – I rarely took it off.

In September 2011, we took a holiday to Melbourne and I was in a estate jeweller shop talking to the shopkeeper when my wife spotted an exact similar gold soccer ball pendant in the shop window. It was in tray amongst a ton of other stuff so it was incredible she should have spotted it there. This was fate enough for me and I was amazed that another should be found. I wouldn’t expect there would be too many available. Anyway that was the reason I was wearing another one to be able to show Meggie on the beach that day.

He was talking to another man when I saw him, and I stood close by. I thought the poor chap must get asked the same questions all the time and get pulled up quite a bit. Just the same I did go up to him to show him the necklace. I never had the expectation that he may have said ‘Yes I found one of those’ – I was just going to share the fact that I lost one and how amazing it was that I found another. Still, Meggie did take a keen interest and studied the pendant. We bid each other farewell and I took a quick dip and by quick I mean probably less than five minutes. As I left the beach I passed Meggie at a short distance and gave him a smile and a wave. He did strike me as lovely fellow in our brief meeting.

So I am proceeding back to our beach house when I heard someone yelling from a distance behind me“ hey!” {then a pause for breath ?} hey! I turn around and yes it’s Meggie with a look that could only have meant one thing – so I start shaking my head slightly and my brain is in overdrive imagining “No it cannot be” and as we got close he opened his hand showing me the necklace. My eyes went wide and I was speechless. He said you better buy a Gold Lotto ticket etc and I can’t quite remember any other conversation. I had to hug the man as it was just amazing.

Amazing fact 1 – why did Meggie find it just 5 minutes after we met?
Amazing fact 2 – Meggie has scoured the beach over 20 times in that year.
Amazing fact 3 – imagine if it was another few minutes and I would have walked out of view – then he would have had no way of finding me again!

I got home and told my wife and then the friends we holiday with and of course everyone is gobsmacked. I still feel so special that this event occurred and to be reunited. I have put the original pendant back on the new chain (and now have a backup pendant ?)

The next day Meggie came back to the beach in the hope he’d meet us again and again by luck I spotted him from our beach house window cruising the beach with his detector. So my wife and I went down to say hi and met to take some pictures.

Yep crazy things happen and Meggie you will always remain a special memory for me. May you have many, many more treasures laid before your path.

All the best.

Mark.

Attachments

• Forum.jpg
    Forum.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 127
  • forum 2.jpg
    forum 2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 120
Un-f4rking-believable. What a great story! I like the pic where he's wearing his new one and showing the one you found.

Raider Regards,

R5

Truly an awesome example of being witness to the strange powers afoot on this Planet...Small Coils, Short time, Huge Planet...Astronomical odds...yet over and over, things like this happen to us Detectorists, and we get to experience the amazement of it all..This kind of write up gives a guy the shivvers....Beauty on ya Meggie! Passing through time in that kind of perfection was something extraordinary!

Back
Top Bottom