A Silver First for me, a token, little silver, and some junk

NectarDetector

Forum Supporter
A buddy and I hit two old houses yesterday from the late 1800s.

At the first house we were getting skunked so we decided to go out back just on the other side of the fence.

After a few minutes I heard a sweet tone, that rang up a 12-40 on my CTX and decided to dig it. Based on the number I thought it could be a silver dime, but in my area thats kind of low for a silver dime on my machine, they're usually 12-42, 43's but I thought I could have silver.

First I found the Oklahoma tax token and a nail in the plug, but I knew that couldn't be what I heard so I kept digging into the side of the plug.

all1.jpg
(Sorry the pic is blurry)

I grabbed a handful of dirt and saw the edge of something silver, and that's when I saw the Barber head...my First Barber Quarter that I may or may not have scuffed with my digger

06BARB.jpg

I checked the plug and pulled out a small piece of the metal fence and showed my buddy. I thought it was pretty impressive that the 3030 saw that coin in with the junk...

At the 2nd house I found the Merc dime in the vicinity of where a large tree once stood.

I had a great day detecting with a friend, and was lucky enough to make a couple good finds. But, as we know, it isn't all silvers and treasures...

2junkbarb.jpg

I dug some junk too, but that's what you have to do to get the treasure. :lol:

Did the work and got a reward luckily, but I'd rather be lucky than good some days! hahaha

And you even found some Marti-Graw-beads
to wear for your happy dance, :kingdances: for finding that Barber quarter.
You may want to consider wearing them every time for good luck ?:laughing:

Thanks, I liked that too... I have it soaking, it has a neat design on it, daisies I think.

They did everything with class back then. I can't show you mine. Computer dumb but if you look at my thread 11-14-16, you'll see my fancy valve.

I see this is an older thread but congrats on the Barber and dime anyhow, good story! Those Okie tax tokens almost always turn up where I've found any silver coins.

I see this is an older thread but congrats on the Barber and dime anyhow, good story! Those Okie tax tokens almost always turn up where I've found any silver coins.

Im on Oklahoma border so theyre fairly common round here...thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom