Nokta Impact information

I notice there is three different frequency's which pretty much cover what most of the market offers. I would like to know a little about the higher frequency's. Im not ready to turn loose of my proven F75 or AT Pro. But these two detectors dont have the higher frequency one would use say for nugget hunting. I see the Impact is sensitive enough to find small items. Have you had a chance to test small gold with the Impact? Any machine that can find small items like that is worth looking into. I am confused as to what kind of detector the Impact is? What would you call it TNSharpshooter? Relic, coin, nugget?

Well I'm not versed in nugget hunting,,,but Impact is I think worthy detector for relics and coins and jewelry.
Highest frequency is where Impact has the highest degree of separation in iron and nails,,,but remember high conductors using this could be depth limited moreso,,Uaing 14khz does provide some very good separation,,less so depth minted overall on higher conductors,,,5khz,,is more crippled with separation and unmasking,,but on higher conductors can be deeper.

Notice the Hoover boys video??
I'll bet I could take Impact back into that site and make some finds using. 20khz and stock coil.

No cut and dried answers really,,Impact with it 3 frequencies is nice.

Your F75 no match for Impact when nails and iron enter into the equation.
Notice what the gent said in video,,about F75 in that site.
Also remember,,,hunting in the wild,,,one must locate target,,very possible to sweep F75 over some of these Impact detector located targets and give tone or some thing telling user coin,etc is down there.

I have already said on this forum,,,gotta watch head to heads done with you tubes for this very reason.

Impact,,closet thing to a Deus I have ever ran in and around nails and iron.
Impact IDs deeper than Deus.

What did stand out from the Hoover Boys video was that the Impact was shown only on one live target dig where you heard the audio, the rest of the time it cut to the find.
When they were showing it finding the goods in an area that was well hunted, why with all the rest of the guys couldn't they have tried the other detectors over the same target before digging no matter what detector found it originally?

What did stand out from the Hoover Boys video was that the Impact was shown only on one live target dig where you heard the audio, the rest of the time it cut to the find.
When they were showing it finding the goods in an area that was well hunted, why with all the rest of the guys couldn't they have tried the other detectors over the same target before digging no matter what detector found it originally?

I have been trying to tell folks how good this detector unmasks and separates.
If folks don't believe me,,that's fine.

Let's face it,,is a CTX with stock coil going to find a coin the Etrac with stock coil won't find or see?? A solo sitting coin,,no iron or nails??
I say very unlikely.
Yet the CTX has a good standing.
What if I take Impact in behind either of these Minelabs and make some worthy finds??
What then??
Can it happen,,,I've already done!!!

good to know

Well I'm not versed in nugget hunting,,,but Impact is I think worthy detector for relics and coins and jewelry.
Highest frequency is where Impact has the highest degree of separation in iron and nails,,,but remember high conductors using this could be depth limited moreso,,Uaing 14khz does provide some very good separation,,less so depth minted overall on higher conductors,,,5khz,,is more crippled with separation and unmasking,,but on higher conductors can be deeper.

Notice the Hoover boys video??
I'll bet I could take Impact back into that site and make some finds using. 20khz and stock coil.

No cut and dried answers really,,Impact with it 3 frequencies is nice.

Your F75 no match for Impact when nails and iron enter into the equation.
Notice what the gent said in video,,about F75 in that site.
Also remember,,,hunting in the wild,,,one must locate target,,very possible to sweep F75 over some of these Impact detector located targets and give tone or some thing telling user coin,etc is down there.

I have already said on this forum,,,gotta watch head to heads done with you tubes for this very reason.

Impact,,closet thing to a Deus I have ever ran in and around nails and iron.
Impact IDs deeper than Deus.
i disagree about the f75 and seperation, most folks dont know how to get the most out the f75

Most don't know how to gain success with whites V3i either!
Why hasn't anyone ever explored the V3i using it in single frequency?
Set up in 22.5 kz with 4x6 coil it smokes the racer and dues in down the barrel nail/dime tests!

Test are a great way to fine tune your detector.

Most don't know how to gain success with whites V3i either!
Why hasn't anyone ever explored the V3i using it in single frequency?
Set up in 22.5 kz with 4x6 coil it smokes the racer and dues in down the barrel nail/dime tests!

Whites being pricey and little better built would be a obvious choice for a serious guy. Seen a lot of folks using the V3i and the MX Sport. They are finding things with it.

Too much hype and not enough real data bugs me. I used the Kellyco compare option and had to do a lot of homework myself. Then reading the manual and hours of research via internet to get as much as I could from my detector. Im learning a new detector now.

It comes down to how well you know your detector, soil conditions, coil selection, and experience. Options are important to me for success. But my trusty AT Pro with its simplicity is still a fun hunt.

While I upgraded my F75, I could take a older standard F75 and pull deep coins. To me it is still the deepest machine I have found.

i disagree about the f75 and seperation, most folks dont know how to get the most out the f75

That's Ok to disagree.
Someone some months ago,,compared Racer to F75 for separation.
Folks can read.

Enter Impact-more separation.
Partly due to detector,,partly due to design of smallest coil.

Whites being pricey and little better built would be a obvious choice for a serious guy.

Disagree, however you are right calling Whites pricey but the 'better build' statement seems to be lacking credibility given their recent MXS problems, so a 'serious guy' may just want something a little more reliable, with exceptional backup service -

Folks,I have been given the all clear to talk about the detector. To share with you the detector overall.

First,,I would like to thank Dilek and her team at Nokta detectors for giving me this opportunity to test this detector,,,and give her and her team my recommendations and thoughts on the detector.

I will try and keep my comments strictly in this thread.
There are other folks who are also testers,,and you will see them maybe share their thoughts too about the detector.

To start with,,,a very versatile detector,,,some real thought keeping the detectorist in mind went into this device.

Is it a perfect detector?? No
There is IMO no such animal.

I will also be posting a few pics,,,showing some things I really like,,and to show how meticulous the manufacturer was here,,,in bringing the detecting community an overall I feel good option to purchase should folks decide.

My goal here with posting information and pics,,,is NOT to tell you to buy,,,that is solely up to you.

In discussing this detector some references will be made to other detectors,,,this not meant to degrade or demean any detector here,,,,but since some folks here do operate these detectors,,,,making such comments may indeed paint a clearer picture for folks interested in this detector.

I have been hesitant to start even putting together some info,,,for fear of possible changes that would be made to the detector upon final release.

I will do the best I can to help folks here,,,and if I post some thing in error about this detector,,,it certainly will be unintentional.

Give me a few minutes here and I will start with some info.

Just wondering how did you get the chance to review? Did you have to fill out a form or something ?

Just wondering how did you get the chance to review? Did you have to fill out a form or something ?

I was contacted by manufacturer representative via detecting forum.

Yes there was a non disclosure agreement,,,but this agreement as far as disclosure is null and void now for the most part,,,hence why I started sharing information here publically about the detector.
The operator's manual I still can't comment on,,,but Nokta's Rep (Dilek) has stated,,if everything goes as planned it should be out this week,,,maybe earlier this week too--posted on line for folks to read if interested,,or maybe if they have preordered a Impact detector.

TNSS, how does the Impact fair in depth compared to the Signum in the higher khz on low conductors, isolated target, not in trash?
Be an interesting comparison

I was contacted by manufacturer representative via detecting forum.

Yes there was a non disclosure agreement,,,but this agreement as far as disclosure is null and void now for the most part,,,hence why I started sharing information here publically about the detector.
The operator's manual I still can't comment on,,,but Nokta's Rep (Dilek) has stated,,if everything goes as planned it should be out this week,,,maybe earlier this week too--posted on line for folks to read if interested,,or maybe if they have preordered a Impact detector.

That's so cools machines like I'd dream to use

TNSS, how does the Impact fair in depth compared to the Signum in the higher khz on low conductors, isolated target, not in trash?
Be an interesting comparison

I just have one higher kHz coil for Signum,,I haven't compared to Impact.
Deus V4 and Imqpct right now are stealing all my time.

I may try and do some test and see.

The Impact User Manual has now been posted on the Nokta website.

It is at:
http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/impact-user-manuel.pdf

Too bad Nokta misspelled "manual" as "manuel" in the link.
I'm sure Dilek will fix that when she has a chance. Or maybe post it both ways.

--TallTom (TTTT on this forum)

Hello! Oh well, manual in English, manuel in Turkish so there was a little mix up there on my designer's side. Getting it corrected now! THANK YOU!!

Dear Valued Members,
This is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta & Makro.

I just happened to read all the posts on this thread.
I thank our tester tnsharpshooter for all his time and efforts as well as for his detailed reports.

Any questions regarding IMPACT or other products or our company, you can also contact me directly:

[email protected]
+90 541 8604596

Regards,

Dilek

Well tnsharpshooter you know me. I'm the guy who has said I'm done with all Turkey made detectors because of what I've seen as cheap rabbit in the hat tricks at another place. I just traded off my Racer 2 to go back to something I feel better about.

You review is good. What I still see is the car salesman review. While they will suggest something they don't like, in a light way, every car they sale is a great deal. You really want to make an impact, no pun intended, on the detector market lets see those live videos in hard hot places. I want to hear and see what I can expect not the water downed sales pitch. Show me the proof. I don't want to just see I found this at this depth so take my word its a great detector. Don't take that wrong I believe you believe what your're posting.

My issue is it is so easy to produce a video that will show the abilities, and the faults, of any detector but it never gets done. There are a lot of proven detectors out there they expect to compete with. They are not a big player in the detector market as they claim. At least not here in the Americas. Americans aren't mislead so easily, not that the intention of Nokta/Makro is to mislead detectorists, but we are more a show me market.

So far I've seen nothing to prove it any more than another mid-range foreign made detector. Show me something thing that says "I'm not your average detector" I liked my Racer 2 but is was nothing I can't get here in America.

Don't be a cookie cutter tester like the others. They have enough yes men already.

One thing I will say is I do like the stand.

Well tnsharpshooter you know me. I'm the guy who has said I'm done with all Turkey made detectors because of what I've seen as cheap rabbit in the hat tricks at another place. I just traded off my Racer 2 to go back to something I feel better about.

You review is good. What I still see is the car salesman review. While they will suggest something they don't like, in a light way, every car they sale is a great deal. You really want to make an impact, no pun intended, on the detector market lets see those live videos in hard hot places. I want to hear and see what I can expect not the water downed sales pitch. Show me the proof. I don't want to just see I found this at this depth so take my word its a great detector. Don't take that wrong I believe you believe what your're posting.

My issue is it is so easy to produce a video that will show the abilities, and the faults, of any detector but it never gets done. There are a lot of proven detectors out there they expect to compete with. They are not a big player in the detector market as they claim. At least not here in the Americas. Americans aren't mislead so easily, not that the intention of Nokta/Makro is to mislead detectorists, but we are more a show me market.

So far I've seen nothing to prove it any more than another mid-range foreign made detector. Show me something thing that says "I'm not your average detector" I liked my Racer 2 but is was nothing I can't get here in America.

Don't be a cookie cutter tester like the others. They have enough yes men already.

One thing I will say is I do like the stand.

Your post are entertaining to say the least.
Here's one post where you have commented in the past.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=231466

This is a tough comparison. Having owned and used both extensively I have my personal like of the two, but they are so close on ability its a tough call.

The Deus is the undisputed winner in ergonomics. Swinging the Deus is pure pleasure. How much is that worth to you? As far as flat out detecting ability I call it too close to call. At this point you have price to consider. At first I thought the Deus was my one machine I needed but after having put some time on the R2 I have to say I'm not so sure anymore.

I think the R2 is every bit as deep as the Deus. The R2 is very simple, and it swings pretty darn good itself. I kind of feel the comparison is a lot like the E-Trac and the CTX. The Deus has some very useful options and added features, but for flat out performance its just too close.

You can't go wrong with either one. Myself I am down to two detectors now. My R2 and my DFX as my backup.

Just the other day I was hunting a tot lot and got a good yet not real loud target. I recovered it and it was a button below 7" of wood chips and several inches in the dirt below. That pretty good but what struck me most was that this was in the open in a tot lot we had been hunting for 30+ years and every other detector had missed it. That does include the Deus and CTX. I just have come to really like that the R2 seems to pull stuff out of hard hit sites. I use it from tot lots, coinshooting to relic hunting with great confidence.

Now I had the same confidence with the Deus, I just had more money in it.

And here is another post by you.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=231774&highlight=detector+money

I have been swinging a metal detector for many years and in the last 7 years I have gone through a very large number looking for that one to rule them all. My style of hunting is 60% tot lots, 30% choinshooting and 10% relic hunting so my judging will be influenced by that so keep that in mind. Few detectors made it into my special rating. That required me to believe that detector had something special. For the longest time it was the Garrett AT Pro I felt was in that group, and still do, that for the price was exceptional. I can say the Racer 2 eaisly replaced my 4 year obsession with the AT Pro.

I found the Makro Racer 2 to be one of the most exceptional machines on the market FOR THE MONEY. It has great balance, very sensitive to small odd shaped gold, great at pulling small missed buckballls and buttons from iron infested sites. Exceptional depth in all categories. It can tend to be noisy if you crank it up, but I found it easy to deal with unlike other noisy machine I have tried. A few adjustments and you can make it quiet as a mouse just like the AT Pro but much faster recovery.

I would rate the Racer 2 very high on the mid-range level detectors. Had I not won that $1000 in the talent contest I'd still be keeping the R2. I opted to get my Deus back because although the Racer 2 is without a doubt a great detector I liked the Deus a bit better. I'm an options guy.

If you're looking for a very good relic/choinshooter/tot lot detector you'd find a tough time beating the Racer 2 in my opinion. Can't say how it does on the beach as we have none in Southwest Kansas.

So can folks believe you here,,with these comments provided by yourself??

You see I have the inate ability to remember what folks have said in the past.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom