Metal Detecting Saltwater Beaches Guide

upena

Forum Supporter
I was doing some searching on Google and, as usual, I wind up finding something I wasn't even looking for.

This is a fairly good guide to beach hunting on saltwater beaches. This is mainly for newbies, but, there is always something that old-timers can learn.

The 25-page, illustrated guide is from MDHTALK (Metal Detecting Hobby Talk), a site that is new to me.

Anyhow, you can download this free Overview of Metal Detecting Saltwater Beaches here.

Hope it helps.

lar

Good Info there. :yes: Thanks for posting.
I'm going to make copies of pg. 18 (Beach Detecting Ethics) and hand them out to any other MD'ers I see that aren't following these.
I saw one OLD guy in a yellow speedo :shock: squeezing in between people along the towel line at Jax Bch Fl. last summer. I didn't think that was to cool. You could tell some of the people looked a bit nervous and uncomfortable. Especially when he was bending over to use his hand scoop:facepalm:

I was doing some searching on Google and, as usual, I wind up finding something I wasn't even looking for.

This is a fairly good guide to beach hunting on saltwater beaches. This is mainly for newbies, but, there is always something that old-timers can learn.

The 25-page, illustrated guide is from MDHTALK (Metal Detecting Hobby Talk), a site that is new to me.

Anyhow, you can download this free Overview of Metal Detecting Saltwater Beaches here.

Hope it helps.

lar
Thats a pretty good resource for those of us who havent beach hunted
before. 3 more weeks!

Hope it helps.

lar

This is a very useful guide; thank you so much for sharing!!!!!

Thank you very much!
That helps me very much and with every page i read i get more and more excited to get in the water as soon my new detector will arrive!

Good Info there. :yes: Thanks for posting.
I'm going to make copies of pg. 18 (Beach Detecting Ethics) and hand them out to any other MD'ers I see that aren't following these.
I saw one OLD guy in a yellow speedo :shock: squeezing in between people along the towel line at Jax Bch Fl. last summer. I didn't think that was to cool. You could tell some of the people looked a bit nervous and uncomfortable. Especially when he was bending over to use his hand scoop:facepalm:
I just wanted to be very clear here. It was NOT me. :laughing: If I wore a Speedo the first bend over would make it disappear. :shock: Besides, I don't wear yellow.

Thanks for sharing that nice PDF. It does not really show you what to do when you see scallops and such though. Guess there could be more info.

Thanks for sharing that nice PDF. It does not really show you what to do when you see scallops and such though. Guess there could be more info.

See link in post #16.

And thank you for not sharing (the lack of speedo) :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom