Purchasing A Detector For Class Trips

ebay queen

Hi,

I have to purchase a detector for a school trip we are going beach combing prior to the beach getting cleaned up before it is going to be opened for the season. We have gotten permisson from the harbor master.

We are also going to use it for a trip to our property. It use to be a large farm back in the 1800's and many of the barns had to be torn down in the 40's because they were beyond repair but you can still the foundations.

You make no mention of budget. For entry Level look to Garrett Ace 250, or White's Prism 3. Also some of the Tesor'os will be in the same price realm. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on the Chinese imports that flood E-Bay.

Welcome Ebay Queen!

Knowing your budget would be helpful. Don't forget to leave some money for a sand scoop and a digger.

I'm sorry! I was in such a rush getting out of the house this morning I was looking in the $300-$500 range. I'm not looking at the cheap knock offs on eBay. I want to get a good detector the kids are going to happy with.

I'm a seller on eBay of depression glassware and I'm very well aware of the knock off junk that is being passed off as the "real thing".

Jo

I don't have much to offer in the way of advice since I'm still debating over my next purchase as well, but you made mention of a class trip so I thought along with the advice you may get here that you could maybe get some instruction some those that might be willing to volunteer their time to show the kids some techniques, history, technical education or whatever.
Enjoy your trip.

I spoke to the Director of the kids school about this site and he was going to purchase a detector in the $200.00 range and would like to know a good one.

Works great on land I dont live near the Gulf so havnt tried that yet. But have been told if you turn it down low it will work fine

I think you may want to consult Tony about the ACE 250. It is great on land but is not the best on salt water beaches, at least in or near water or wet sand. If you are going to stay in dry sand the 250 would be a great buy.

Hi Tony,

Once Hubby is done working for the day I'll be calling you. He works from home so both lines are tied up right now.

Jo

Metal Detector

I ended up purchasing a Fisher ID Excel and a sand scoop. I'm going it use it myself on our property. It was a very large working farm for about 90 years and the kids have been finding a lot of arrow heads, antique medicine bottles, horse blanket pins without much trouble.

I definitely will! I have been enjoying the site and reading about the finds people had even the one about the folding table. Had a good laugh about that one!

If the weather is good this Friday we will be heading off to the beach! I'll take pics!

Jo

Back
Top Bottom