Back at it... Finally... Little bit of everything...

Sandcrab

Elite Member
Well I finally stepped out after many months of staying away from detecting. Also purchased a different machine for my father to hunt with a few months back. Had to tell him I was having a problem with my car to get him over to see what I bought him. Have to thank Andrew at NED. We must have talked for an hour before I told him what I wanted. Just told him wanted a GT and the best headphones for that machine, gave him my credit card # before I was quoted a price. Think I surprised him a little. Thank you to a member here that told me to tell Andrew he sent me.

Ok enough of that… I hit a beach a few days back that is pounded hard, but there is an area that many seem to overlook. This area does not pull the crowd, but has a couple things going for it. I have been wanting to hit it for months, and have watched it every couple days. The targets were scattered, some zincs deep, while a old fishing weight shallow. Had someone I knew tell me while walking by there were other people detecting, when he gave me a description of one, when I took my lunch break I walked along the beach and introduced myself. First thing out of his mouth “I thought you were older.” :shock: Had a good laugh though. :grin:

The finds were three gold, two white, the large one with diamonds on my metal ring size gauge it slid all the way down to the handle, so it is larger than a 13. It is 8.8 g of 14K. The Cuban Club chain weighed in at a bit over 70 g, will probably lose a bit after cleaning. It is silver and made in Italy. The other assortment is mostly silver, think I may have stumbled on a couple old ones . The one with the green stone I think is junk, but liked the stone.

My best find for the day, a 1937 penny, it was deep in chest high, the back side looks leached and shiny. When I saw it in my scoop, I first mistook it for a zinc. I was there for longer than expected, had 176 recoveries. (That is for you CJ…;) ) Missed a few as well. Was a bit of wet sand, but mostly waist high and deeper. Used the Aqua and the DF.

For you So. Cal. Guys keep your eyes open, the small sand crabs were like locusts which brings in the stingrays. They were out in force, most I have seen in years. Watch where you “shuffle”.

For many on this forum, thanks for the all the kind words. Think I will slowly slide back into my routine…
There is a pic of some of the junk, I forgot to snap a couple more before throwing it out. :p
Cheers,
SSC

Attachments

• IMG_0374_1.jpg
    IMG_0374_1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 682
Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!

And there ain't no doubt about it after a hunt like that!!!:D

The large, wide silver is a popular item it seems. (I found one last year.)

Glad to see you back out there. I feel you on the Stingray thing, it's scary how many I saw fly away a few feet from me last time I went out...

Good jobs on the golds!

I have never seen so much iron posted before... you have some nasty beaches out there... good job on the silver and gold... good choice getting a GT as well... your next post will still have goodies without wasting all that time digging the iron :)

SS.... what machine are you using, looks like an Xcal, you hunting in PP? Man.... now thats a day at the beach id like to have. Andrew is great.... i can guess who sent you to him. He sure did me right. Ive not bought a lot of equipment lately but i sure try and send the business to him.

Dew

Nice to see your out hunting again. Real nice return hunt too. That looks like a nice Nova too.HH!
Ps. Your left front tire needs air!

Welcome Back!!! SSC, man what a haul, a little bit of everything? I'd hate too see when you get a lot of everything ;) very nice comeback hunt.

Wow, heck of a way to come back....awesome hunt man!
Stingrays are out in force here too, i saw maybe 6 or so last time i went out, but they were all gliding away, none too close...

Wow, you really had a good hunt! It looks like your hunch about the overlooked spot paid off.

That was a great hunt, welcome back! It's like you never left lol. Those were some impressive results.

Back
Top Bottom