• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from Oregon!

Tunacupcakes

Just wanted to do my introduction post.
I'm an Oregonian college student in my mid 20s looking to fulfill some of my childhood dreams.
I've always wanted to metal detect since I was around 6. My SO agrees that it would be a good hobby for me (I love tedious repetitive work) and we are deciding between a ferret for me or a metal detector for us. I'm going to try and figure out a way to get both. Lol
So, I currently don't have a metal detector, but I think I'll stick around these boards a bit to see what I can learn. I still need to figure out what model I want!

Thank you

The advice i would offer is look and listen and if possible go on a hunt with someone who has a decent machine and some experience. Don't buy to cheap or you could lose interest rather quickly.(happened to me 30 some years ago) And welcome to the forum from Michigan.:D

Got a solution for you. Get both, and take the ferret with you on hunts!:lol:
Lotta detectors take their dogs. Whose to say a ferret couldn't also join in the fun?
At any rate, welcome from Kansas!

LOL Patton

You ever had a ferret Patton??? They are like little treasure hunters, If they get a hold of something Shiny you play hell getting it back,,,LOL,,,If it is allowed to play in the house for even a little while, You need a MD to find your own stuff......Take Care and Happy Hunting....:biker::digginahole::biker:

Thank you for the welcome everyone!
I am going to just have to get a ferret too. I've heard they generally love to walk outside and dig around for grubs. Tasty snacks.!

About them being thieves. I read a story of a lady who had ferrets for years. One of her ferrets didn't steal shiny things, it had an affinity for potatoes! He would secretly nab them and roll them across the floor and hide them up inside her couch. She wouldn't realize the potatoes were even in there until the couch would start stinking. Lol!

I had 3

We had the big tall 3 story cage and 3 ferrets they are cute little things. We would let them out to play now and then, and all three liked shiny or rubbery things and each had its own stash spot. after we would put them back into the cage we would have to find the three stash spots and get all our stuff back...have you made any progress on your Metal detector yet??? Take Care and Happy Hunting....:biker::digginahole::biker:

Back
Top Bottom