Whites: Prizm 6T, M6, MXT ??

milco

Elite Member
I have been using my uncle's old detector and am looking to purchase my first detector. I am pretty much convinced that I would like to purchase a Whites. With that said I am looking for advice from White's users on the differences, pro's/con's, etc. between the three White's models that are in the price range I am looking at: Prizm 6T, M6, MXT. I plan to talk to a dealer also on this but would like to hear from you trusted FMDF members.
Thanks!

I will also add that I search a variety of public and private properties and mostly like to look for old coins.

Last edited:
Well, I'll take a shot....

Prizim 6T...The only detector in the Prizim series with ground balancing capability. IMHO, a decent detector, albeit a bit over-priced when compared to the M6.

M6...Awsome coin-magnet. Simple to use. Has all the "toys" most need to get the job done coin-wise. Shares coils with the MXT, DFX, and Vision machines.

MXT...Very popular. I like to refer to it as an M6 on steroids with the GMT Gold Prospecting firmware too. A very high gain machine that's a slight bit deeper than a DFX on small gold. Extremely fast recovery speed.

Of the three you mentioned...I recommend the MXT, simply because of its extreme versatility. It's not always true, but generally when a detector has a book written about it, it's worth the money.

I believe Lowjiber hits the nail on the head here with the diversity of this machine. Of course I'm biased to begin with and absolutely love my MXT-300.

Great summary Lowjiber.

And a very good choice, Milco ... White's is a good solid American company and has a great customer service record.
You will not go wrong with a White's detector.

I would recommend the MXT and also I wold recommend a used one.
There are a few nice MXT's for sale from time to time here and on other metal detecting forums.
Some people get bored using the same machine and after a while they want to try something else.
Others just like to trade around and try them all.
The nice thing about buying a used MXT is that it takes a very long time for you to lose any value.
You would get almost all you paid for it if you ever decided to trade or sell it.
Also a used machine has been burnt in ... most electronics that fail will do so in the first 20 hours of use.

If you do decide to buy a used MXT on a forum try to find someone there that posts a lot there and is well known.
Ask for his help in a private message. They will steer you clear of a bad deal and put you on a good detector and someone you can trust.

Oh ... and dont forget to check with the dealers that support these forums as they also have some great deals on used detectors.

Willee

Guys, thanks very much for the input! This forum is great and I learn a lot. Thanks again!

Can't

go wrong with a White's:D:D.
Great detectors and even better customer service. Might want to consider used detectors also, sometimes you can get great deals on them. Have read many great reviews of customer service even after warranty had expired.

Back
Top Bottom