Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 10-14-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by REAL_RAT_FINK View post
Wanted to share an update, I reset the 600 to factory settings and then un-installed my 1.75 update back to 1.5. I then re-installed to 1.75 and guess what? IT"S A NEW MACHINE! lol. Pinpointing actually makes sense now, it's actually discriminating iron in the ground (before it was hitting hard on iron in the ground but for some reason did discriminate in the air test????), and I'm getting target size based on volume which it never did before. Really strange.

And I'm actually picking out targets before I dig them. Quarters 28-30, dime 24-26, Penny 20-24. So whatever happened, I'm much happier with the machine. I'm still digging a lot of trash but I have better information to decide if I should dig or not. Anyone else struggling with their machine may want to take the previous advice, Factory reset, roll back up date, and install new update.
Good for you !
I've heard of others having problems .. the fix is just what you did. There should be zero reasons for not running the latest software, unless a blatant issue is present, and verified by an ample sample size (few hundred machines? or more?).

Anyone having issues of wavering TID's on US coinage, and / or reading low numbers with the Equinox series, should definitely re-install the update. In my book, that should be a 'sticky."

Lesche Sampson 31 T-Handle; Double Serration (T31DS). Luck.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:10 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Seaking406 View post
When I first read your chart, I thought that it looked rather legit and normal, especially after the tests I did after the update with Canadian coins.. various coins bounce the numbers like crazy, which now helps me decide to dig or not dig.. Gent suggested that depth will help decide as well but I've found many tabs and caps shallow and deep..

I think I too shall redo my update and see if that helps... Is the reverted backwards in firmware complicated? Any links to how it's done?

Thanks for the tip TNSHARPSHOOTER, I'll be looking at the 5mhz again as well.

Cheers
It's easy to do. Go here and download correct update for your computer. When you open it, it will tell your version, 1.5.0 is the old and 1.7.5 is the new. On this screen, in the bottom right hand corner, there are three dots ... It took me a minute to find it but its there. Click that and it will allow you to go back to 1.5.0 Before you do that, I recommend doing a factory reset (Hold power down for 8 seconds and wait for high tone), then revert to 1.5.0 and then go to 1.7.5

https://www.minelab.com/anz/metal-de...view=downloads

"Gold is good in its place, but living, brave, patriotic men are better than gold" Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by REAL_RAT_FINK View post
It's easy to do. Go here and download correct update for your computer. When you open it, it will tell your version, 1.5.0 is the old and 1.7.5 is the new. On this screen, in the bottom right hand corner, there are three dots ... It took me a minute to find it but its there. Click that and it will allow you to go back to 1.5.0 Before you do that, I recommend doing a factory reset (Hold power down for 8 seconds and wait for high tone), then revert to 1.5.0 and then go to 1.7.5

https://www.minelab.com/anz/metal-de...view=downloads
Well THANK you very much for that nugget.. three dots missed that all together.. when things are simple some of us (me) tend to overthink.. sigh.

Got the back and forth update completed, will be going out soon to see if that settles down the coin bouncing numbers... then again it could just be a Canuck Coins thing.

Cheers