Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Elite Member

Say what you want, most all of my best finds were found while swinging a Tesoro detector. They just flat out find the treasure!

beephead

Old 05-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Elite Member

they do indeed! audio is the key! learn it, and
do well!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Elite Member

I canít wait to get my, used but new to me, little Compadre. Will be here Monday!

Old 06-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Elite Member

Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas

Originally Posted by Beachhunter View post
I canít wait to get my, used but new to me, little Compadre. Will be here Monday!
Congratz!
You will be in very good company.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=87892
Attached Images

Sincerely, the opportunist."

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Elite Member

Thanks Digger. Thatís awesome!

Old 06-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by choppadude View post
Money well spent I say. In a case like this the workers under Union protections would most likely get a 90 day notice of the factory closing, a negotiated severance package as well worker retraining programs that would allow the workers to go to school and earn a degree or vocational training. Yeah its not all roses but the good sure outweighs the bad. Been union for almost 30 years and I have very few complaints.
a little late but have to comment! all this is 'dead nuts" accurate! IF you are employed by a non union company, you will receive next to nothing if you get laid off! ..AND the possibility of "political" lay off is substantially more.you will be shown the door, and EDIT you! this is the way it is! no severance, no school, no nothing! goodbye! work 30 years for a company,and get 'booted" nothing left! you are screwed!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Last edited by SeabeeRon; 06-02-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Elite Member

Default Is it true ? Tesoro laid off all of its help?

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
I am old school also. best company I ever worked for was a family owned business where the founder started the company 20 years before I came to work for him and was still president. He treated his customers and employees fairly all the time.

RIP Ben Meadows
maxxkatt,

If the founder you worked for has children and has turned the company over to them, or likely will in the future, I hope his kids don't go the route that Tesoro founders Jack and Myrna Gifford's did with their family owned business, for the sake of the employees and customers.

Posters in this thread have offered many opinions on why the original Tesoro factory went defunct and one that seems to be prevalent is that management wasn't able, or didn't desire, to keep up with established USA and the influx of foreign competitors.

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ĶMax and Compadre, Whites Classic II, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Vibra-Probe 580, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica I made, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 AM

Maybe they just got burned out. who knows what happened. I hate it. They were an all time favorite brand of mine and when I was a dealer they were one of the first ones I wanted to sell.

It is a shame too. No more simple beep and dig machines offered here now.

Maybe just maybe someone will buy the building with their parts and machines still in there and open up a similar company under a different name.

However, I must admit myself that the only new metal detectors offered for sale that I have interest in are the oversea units. I have used all of the "Top Dawgs" from the USA line up and my findings are the ones offered from other companies outside of the USA are just better all around especially for what you pay for compared to the USA line up.

Originally Posted by ToddB64 View post
maxxkatt,

If the founder you worked for has children and has turned the company over to them, or likely will in the future, I hope his kids don't go the route that Tesoro founders Jack and Myrna Gifford's did with their family owned business, for the sake of the employees and customers.

Posters in this thread have offered many opinions on why the original Tesoro factory went defunct and one that seems to be prevalent is that management wasn't able, or didn't desire, to keep up with established USA and the influx of foreign competitors.

ToddB64