Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 10-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Elite Member

I'm reading this thread and thinking,99 percent of the machines in classified have no warranty,,and everyone on this thread I'm sure has bought machines with no warranty.
Which leads me to the next comment,,when's the last time anyone here had a machine break? Alot being said that makes no sense here,and the price of used tesoro is so cheap anyway, vaquero goes used for about $225 ....but most will jump on a used Deus,etrac at 700 or more with no warranty and get soaked around $400 minimum if something does break and needs fixed? Seems to me test to still has a better ROI wether they shut down or not,vs the etrac or Deus.Dillar for dollar the tesoro is still the best bang for the buck, regardless

Old 10-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
I'm reading this thread and thinking,99 percent of the machines in classified have no warranty,,and everyone on this thread I'm sure has bought machines with no warranty.
Which leads me to the next comment,,when's the last time anyone here had a machine break? Alot being said that makes no sense here,and the price of used tesoro is so cheap anyway......but most will jump on a used Deus,etrac at 700 or more with no warranty and get soaked around $400 minimum if something does break and needs fixed..
If you buy a Nox you donít have to worry about getting soaked.
It is waterproof. Lol

Old 10-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
It is waterproof. Lol
Equinox warranties are worst then Tesoro with no warranty.

You could fix a tesoro machine third party and you'd still be ahead of the warranty on a nox.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
really? Please regale us with your vast experience with the Equinox or with Minelab.
Based on what posters have posted on this site about minelabs warranty. You'll jump through hula hoops and sacrifice your first new born child in order to get a warranty claim.

Seriously you'll pay half of what the machine cost to service a out of warranty machine.If your warranty is up on a mindlab machine you might as well sell it based on what I seen.

Last person that did got his machine back in German after paying about $400 and was told it's his fault. About the worst warranty service I've seen on any product.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Supporter

Old 10-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Super Motivator

Found this place that repairs and mods Tesoro detectors. At least its a place to send one for repair.

https://depthdevil.com/

Old 10-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Elite Member

This was the last person to service a out of warranty Minelab.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=265645

And apparently from the other posters minelab is not a friendly warranty service to go through.

I've never used Tesoro warranty service either. But I see multiple people in this community that have.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Supporter

I hate the people are losing their job but I want to point out something that's pretty obvious.

If Tesoro machines are so GREAT they wouldn't be going out of business. Seems like a common sense kinda thing to me. I know you have the loyal Tesoro clan but im just saying..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by needler420 View post

And apparently from the other posters minelab is not a friendly warranty service to go through.

I've never used Tesoro warranty service either. But I see multiple people in this community that have.
really?! Thats your go-to? He asked for advice, got advice, it was financially in his interest for the repair at a known cost before sending it in. He did get it repaired (with a small snafu that ML will fix) and has been happily digging silver with it since its repair.

Again, you are going around trying to find bad posts about ML service. you have never owned one. you are doing nothing but making !!!! up and trying to justify it. GROW UP.

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/

Old 10-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I hate the people are losing their job but I want to point out something that's pretty obvious.

If Tesoro machines are so GREAT they wouldn't be going out of business. Seems like a common sense kinda thing to me. I know you have the loyal Tesoro clan but im just saying..
Who says they're great? I'm really a first time tesoro user,and I think it does pretty good.But Great is a matter of opinion.
Im not sure the tesoro company is shutting down,,and if it does shut down that don't necessarily mean a crisis..As a small business owner I can tell you I'm successful but sometimes think of getting out,and no one in my family will continue this business... Could be the case there with tesoro,maybe they just don't wanna compete anymore,just take the money and enjoy it...Could be the younger generation wants nothing to do with it,,could be internal differences that is causing a layoff,,,could be alot of reasons..we will never know

Old 10-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Supporter

I've only read good reports on equinox warranty claims.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:31 PM

I think that Tesoros ARE great. But they lack the appeal of an iPhone looking screen and so they are not winning the new converts. The younger aged aged newbies are looking at pictures and reading the hype, and they usually assume that the computerized fancy looking models with screens must be better. They would have to learn from an old timer about Tesoros, otherwise they are not likely to get it.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by walnut View post
I think that Tesoros ARE great. But they lack the appeal of an iPhone looking screen and so they are not winning the new converts. The younger aged aged newbies are looking at pictures and reading the hype, and they usually assume that the computerized fancy looking models with screens must be better. They would have to learn from an old timer about Tesoros, otherwise they are not likely to get it.
Some people don't even know how to use a rotary phone, so a Tesoro may be too much for some people. Video

Seriously, some people can't figure out what the audio tones on Tesoro detectors are telling them. All they hear is beeps. lol

beephead

Old 10-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beephead View post
Some people don't even know how to use a rotary phone, so a Tesoro may be too much for some people. Video

Seriously, some people can't figure out what the audio tones on Tesoro detectors are telling them. All they hear is beeps. lol

beephead
I think there are a lot of people with the higher end machines that don't even realize there is no distinguishable signals for precious metals other then silver.

It took me a long time just to learn that.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Which leads me to the next comment,,when's the last time anyone here had a machine break? Alot being said that makes no sense here,and the price of used tesoro is so cheap anyway, vaquero goes used for about $225 ....but most will jump on a used Deus,etrac at 700 or more with no warranty and get soaked around $400 minimum if something does break and needs fixed? Seems to me test to still has a better ROI wether they shut down or not,vs the etrac or Deus.Dillar for dollar the tesoro is still the best bang for the buck, regardless
very true cheap to buy and cheap to fix!..if you know what you are doing with a tesoro,don't need any other "high roller" detector

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:36 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
It is waterproof. Lol
minelab thanks you! buy another one!..you should have two,one for back up!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Elite Member

Equinox warranties are worst then Tesoro with no warranty.

You could fix a tesoro machine third party and you'd still be ahead of the warranty on a nox.
used to have atrocious turn around...don't know what they are up to now!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beephead View post

beephead
so true! language all their own!.learn it and be rewarded!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Elite Member

Gimme a beep above iron and I dig. Until I wanna go home and take a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Elite Member

My friend Tom can tell, with his Tesoro Silver uMax, ~90% of the time, what he's about to dig. I bring my AT Pro over, and it agrees with what he says it is most of the time, and he's right.

I don't have a Tesoro, but watching tom with it makes me wonder if I shouldn't get one.

BTW, he's blind and has learned his machine better than most people....he's incredibly impressive with his identification of targets. I've been hunting with him for a year (as of Monday) and he's been wrong maybe a half dozen times, tops.