What Do You Make?

Michigan Badger

Forum Supporter
I've seen scattered postings of rings and other cool stuff but how about one thread to show what you make.

I know there must be many very interesting products out there. Maybe some of you who almost never post could share in this one too?

What do you make?

Badger

Between being a Silversmith and growing up on a farm, I've always enjoyed making things. I make a lot of my own tools, but for metal detecting and coin related items, here are a few that I've posted before.
coin probe.gif
An easy coin probe.
Untitled.GIF
A Buffalo Nickel cut and soldered on a Zippo.
BuffBC.gifA Buffalo Nickel made into a button cover.
I have made a lot of things from coins over the years, but these are the only ones that I have pictures of right now. I also make minature knives.
BoneBowi.GIF BowieSize.gif

Awesome!

Thanks much for posting!

By the way, do you make custom made silver bezels for Spanish cobs?

Badger

I have been making a few horse bit's over the winter.
Hey silversmith get a hold of me and tell me where I can get one of those saws :) Need to do some silver overlay's
picture.php

picture.php

Sovuser, that's beautiful work. I like that digger you made too. We may have to get together and I'll design one for you to make for me. I don't have the equipment to make full size knives/diggers right now.

A few things I made over the years.
Wooden box inlaid with coins dug.

coinbox.jpg

coinboxlid.jpg

I dug a small silver bracelet and turned it into 2 ear rings and a finger ring to match.

earringfrombracelet.jpg

Silver and malachite - I cut the stones and made the settings.

StevespicsfromShutterfly368.jpg

Silver rings made from silver spoons dug.

StevespicsfromShutterfly340.jpg

Lastly, a 14 K pendant with stone cast from gold jewelry I had dug. Initials are my wife's & my first names. steve in so az

StevespicsfromShutterfly382.jpg

Well I don't make things per se, but I like to build. I recently bought a house with an old shed- no walls and part of the floor was missing. I finished it for my wife and I to use for storage of yard tools, potting supplies and fishing stuff. I added a lean-to to each side for the ol jon and my mower.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 11,335
Some neat stuff from some talented people on this thread!

Geez. I come from a long line of "artsy" people, and I make all kinds of stuff from all kinds of materials. I never seem to stick to any one medium - I've built stuff from steel, aluminum, wood, glass, (etching, stained, mirroring, engraving.....) clay......... It's almost like a "need" to make things. Recently my 7 year old was playing with clay, and a friend dropped by while we were making stuff from the clay, to relate a story of how he had purchased a "rescue" cat for his kids. The cat turned out to be slightly psychotic and attacked him the next day, and he told the whole gory story............ anyhow, this gave me the inspiration to make him the little 6" high sculpture for Christmas. Keep in mind I never really made anything out of clay before this........

Yeah, a very morbid sense of humor that I posess.......:lol: many people pointed this out when seeing this object, but they are also laughing hysterically while pointing it out....... so who's so morbid, after all?

Problem is, that when I get good at making things from a particular material, I get bored with it and quit doing new stuff. Been thinking of doing a metal detectorist theme one, maybe with a guy swinging a machine, with a cutaway of the ground below him, showing a big bomb underground? Probably won't happen as I'm already losing interest in the clay thing. Once the ground thaws, tho, it'll won't happen for sure before next winter, lol.

I've been thinking about making custom knives for years, maybe blacksmithing as well.........( I have an extensive background in welding, fabrication, and machining metal) that seems like something that is very hard to master, so It'd be a long time before it bored me.

Attachments

• claymation 012.jpg
    claymation 012.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 11,066
  • claymation 006.jpg
    claymation 006.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 10,997
  • claymation 014.jpg
    claymation 014.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11,029
  • claymation 005.jpg
    claymation 005.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11,069
  • claymation 002.jpg
    claymation 002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 11,175
Some neat stuff from some talented people on this thread!

Geez. I come from a long line of "artsy" people, and I make all kinds of stuff from all kinds of materials. I never seem to stick to any one medium - I've built stuff from steel, aluminum, wood, glass, (etching, stained, mirroring, engraving.....) clay......... It's almost like a "need" to make things. Recently my 7 year old was playing with clay, and a friend dropped by while we were making stuff from the clay, to relate a story of how he had purchased a "rescue" cat for his kids. The cat turned out to be slightly psychotic and attacked him the next day, and he told the whole gory story............ anyhow, this gave me the inspiration to make him the little 6" high sculpture for Christmas. Keep in mind I never really made anything out of clay before this........

Yeah, a very morbid sense of humor that I posess.......:lol: many people pointed this out when seeing this object, but they are also laughing hysterically while pointing it out....... so who's so morbid, after all?

Problem is, that when I get good at making things from a particular material, I get bored with it and quit doing new stuff. Been thinking of doing a metal detectorist theme one, maybe with a guy swinging a machine, with a cutaway of the ground below him, showing a big bomb underground? Probably won't happen as I'm already losing interest in the clay thing. Once the ground thaws, tho, it'll won't happen for sure before next winter, lol.

I've been thinking about making custom knives for years, maybe blacksmithing as well.........( I have an extensive background in welding, fabrication, and machining metal) that seems like something that is very hard to master, so It'd be a long time before it bored me.

This post reminds my of the Pokey and Gumby "claymation" 8mm movie short I made when I was a kid in the early 60's.

I studied sculpture when I finally got around to going to college,
but nothing come of it.
I wasn't cut out to teach and wasn't mainstream enough to hook a good gallery.
I was a carpenter when I went in and a carpenter when I got out.

I have still got an itch I gave to scratch now and again.
Go here:
http://tourinventiana.blogspot.com/
there are also some links in the right hand column to YouTube vids of some earlier stuff.

I studied sculpture when I finally got around to going to college,
but nothing come of it.
I wasn't cut out to teach and wasn't mainstream enough to hook a good gallery.
I was a carpenter when I went in and a carpenter when I got out.

I have still got an itch I gave to scratch now and again.
Go here:
http://tourinventiana.blogspot.com/
there are also some links in the right hand column to YouTube vids of some earlier stuff.

I like those copper soldiers:yes:

Well this isn't made as much as built, it's the newest addition to the stable.

Attachments

• Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10,743
  • Red2.jpg
    Red2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 10,750
  • Red3.jpg
    Red3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10,778
Back
Top Bottom