Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 PM
24K Larry

Default Those yellow Koss headphones rot like bananas!

Was gonna do a mod on my Excalibur headphones. Bear in mind these are just out of warranty. Have only been submerged once or twice in their lifetime. And I only water hunt Max a couple times a week during the warm months. Don't stick my head underwater. Plus they get rinsed off every hunt. Appears the braided exposed wire could still let water travel into your Excalibur through the epoxy topping. I know if I ever buy another new Excalibur or wind up with the krappy yellows, I'm gonna pack silicone grease inside the ear cups on the wire about once a month Maybe I need to burn these sunny beaches up on youtube?
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Elite Member

I never thought about it until now, but the waterproof headphones fill with water when submerged? Wonder if my CZ21 headphones do the same. I've never actually submerged my head with them on.

I always thought the whole headphone was sealed watertight... but then there is that little hole in them. Hmm...

Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Crumble View post
I never thought about it until now, but the waterproof headphones fill with water when submerged? Wonder if my CZ21 headphones do the same. I've never actually submerged my head.
I've only submerged mine in the ocean a couple times when they got knocked off by a wave. I'd imagine a diver in deeper water the pressure could push ocean water right up the exposed ground wire. Highly doubt the epoxy gets all the way to the core of the wire.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Elite Member

You hunt to much. Mine were split like that NEW and finally went dead after a few months. In that bend is where i found my problem. Good news is you can now get a brand spanking new pair of yellows on ebay if you you look up the CTX.....only $150... oh plus shipping. Hummmm now how much does GGA run?

Dew

Dew Meeker

Old 02-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Elite Member

$150.00