Vaquero and wet grass

tony628

Has anyone else had any issues with a Vaquero acting squirlley in wet grass early in the am????? I went this morning to go look for a ring I lost 18 years ago wrestling on the part of grass between the sidewalk and road???? Its a fairly large area and I had my V balanced and it was every couple inches beeping going off???? And a couple signals were weak and breaking up, I cant dig every couple inches in the lawn as this is in front of a bar...I was wondering if maybe my V could have been picking up maybe gas or water lines??? Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated????

Has anyone else had any issues with a Vaquero acting squirlley in wet grass early in the am????? I went this morning to go look for a ring I lost 18 years ago wrestling on the part of grass between the sidewalk and road???? Its a fairly large area and I had my V balanced and it was every couple inches beeping going off???? And a couple signals were weak and breaking up, I cant dig every couple inches in the lawn as this is in front of a bar...I was wondering if maybe my V could have been picking up maybe gas or water lines??? Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated????

I have never had any issues with wet grass, mud or anything else with any coil mounted on my Vaq.
I have hunted in many very trashy sites with signals every few inches and even with multiple trash targets in the same hole so that might be happening here, or some sort of pipelines.

When some hunters post that they get very frustrated hunting sites with trash signals every few feet...I just laugh.

Did you shift frequency, try reducing sensitivity?

double check GB?

Falsing seems to usually be from EF interferance. If you are getting good signals, it may be trash (in front of a bar, oh no!) and the best thing is to dig it and get it out of the way. You won't be able to distinguish a bottle cap or pulltab from a ring with a Vaq anyway.
Maybe borrow an e-trac or an F75 from someone?

I've done all these and more and still gotten falsing. Experience has enabled me to (usually) know which signals are worth digging. False signals may sound good on one sweep, then no signal, broken signal, then again good signal. Usually multiple sweeps from different angles makes it obvious. It just takes longer.
If there is any doubt, dig.

Sometimes there is some type of EF interference. It may be better trying at a different time.

i have never had any issues with wet grass, mud or anything else with any coil mounted on my vaq.
I have hunted in many very trashy sites with signals every few inches and even with multiple trash targets in the same hole so that might be happening here, or some sort of pipelines.

When some hunters post that they get very frustrated hunting sites with trash signals every few feet...i just laugh.

i dont get frustrated i love it and hope i find my ring

Never had an issue with any Tesoro's including the Vaquero in wet grass. Check the coil over really good an see if there is a crack, pin hole, etc. that might be letting water in, moister inside a coil will make a detector go nuts.

This may not help, but I find with my detectors I get a lot of signals when swinging within a few inches of a side walk. It's so consistent that I have to believe it's the reinforcing steel inside the concrete....It's the same at every sidewalk regardless of location.

Back
Top Bottom