Do not rub the grass !!!!!

capteider

i'm on vacation , and there was a local seafood festival. It was held in a huge fenced in community field. There were a hundred venders, rides, booths selling food, porta potties and thousands of people on this field this week-end. Today i went by and thought maybe someone dropped some loose change or jewelery; and the field being fenced was and excellent place to let my three year old run around. i didn't even bring any thing to dig with i just figured i run the machine on the lowest sensitivity and cherry pick anything on top. Just something to do while my son chased pigeons around. The field looked like a war zone, there are worn path from the foot traffic, and dead spots were the porta potties were etc.... anyway i'm poking along and finding pennies and pull tabs, not digging just picking up stuff on the surface. when all of the sudden i see this women headed my way like a guided missile. she tells me i can't dig on the field, i tell her I'm not and try to explain that I'm just picking up stuff on the surface. In trying to explain i say " i'm just rub this thing (my pinpointer) over the grass and .." At this point she cuts me off and says in a stern voice says "Your not allowed to rub the grass here. i don't know where your from but your not allowed to rub the grass here!!!!"

I was totally blown away, never in my life had i encountered such an idiot.
Part of me wanted to get it to the details of the "no rubbing the grass policy" but i'm on vacation so i let it slide. still i wanted to pass on this bit of info on to all members of this board; if your ever in Marathon Fla it is illegal to rub the grass and the parks department is staffed by morons.

Your on vacation, enjoying your time...i would talk to the property owner and say the employee was extremly rude and enforcing idiot made up rules. Say you will never come back and never recommend this place...I can understand if the rule is no metal detecting, but no rubbing grass? Does that mean you cant drag you feet?! Haha :) good luck!

:laughing::laughing:
Just hold it over the grass a couple inches. NO HOVERING OVER THE GRASS!!

DON'T EVEN LOOK AT THE GRASS

Did she identify herself as working for the parks department?
Is is illegal or did she seem to think "You're not allowed to rub the grass" there?
She must have been unaware that you were doing them a service by picking up the trash. So how much did you pick up before she stopped you?

crazy. I would have challenged her to show me the ordinance. :)

Exactly. Then mention that she is illegally harassing you.

She was mad at you and harrassing you because she is under the impression that you are taking advantage of families that may have dropped valuables during the gig.

You did start picking up paper garbage when you saw the missile coming, didn't you? That tends to defuse missiles.

My guess is you're taking HER coins. LOL She probably was gonna do that overnight and you're taking her income. VERY Possessive people are not worth aruguing with.

Back
Top Bottom