Places to detect in IA?

Sturtzzy

Anybody know any places in Iowa possibly near cedar rapids good for metal detecting?

I used to live in Manchester IA a few years back for a short period of time. I believe it's only an hour or so from Cedar Rapids to Manchester. I wasn't able to get any detecting in, but I always payed attention to the old houses and buildings around that area, and wished I had my detector there and time to detect!! I only ever drove through Cedar Rapids a few times, but there's alot of history in that city. I believe it was setteled in the 1830's sometime, so there's gotta be alot of good old coins under that ground! I Live in Northern Utah, where the oldest cities around weren't setteled until the 1860's or 1870's, and weren't very populated at the time. So I'd be in heaven detecting out there. If your after old coins I'd try getting permission at some of the old houses around, especially at some of the old houses that are a little out of town in the boondocks!! If you've never knocked and asked for permission before it's easy. When I go knocking for permission I usually get permission about 50% of the time. If you're don't feel like trying to get permission, I'm sure there are a lot of older parks around the area you can try. Well good luck, and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom