Computer/camera question

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Any ideas here - a week ago my computer started to not accept uploading pics from my camera - unless I get completely off everything - shut it down. Then when I fire the computer back up it works perfectly. And it loads more pics until later in the day when it wont accept any more. Or if I wait ovweright it wont work next morning. I shut the computer off (windows xp ) once a week, otherwise leave it to run 24/7.
Any ideas on what's causing this ? I cleaned out the cookies and stuff yesterday but no help. Thanks, steve in so az

Hmm..My wifes laptop started doing the same thing with our Kodak software, also running XP..I asked her if she had installed any new programs and she said the only thing was windows Internet explorer 8..After I uninstalled explorer 8 it started working fine again..:?:

My computer after 6 months of no problems suddenly stopped recognizing my camera alltogether. The only way to get the pics was to remove the memory card and plug it in directly. And even that only works ONE time and then I need to restart the computer to get it to read the card again. I blame it on Vista.

Yeah what z118 said vista is the worst I hate it but thats all you can get support for now in my area. Howard

Reinstaling drivers often fix the problem, I have abused computers over the yeras and often enough it has something to do with the drivers.

Glad it worked

Siggi

Yeah what z118 said vista is the worst I hate it but thats all you can get support for now in my area. Howard
Run XP Pro and never need any support (it just plain works). I have put XP Pro on numerous computers for people that had Vista. Sometimes it is a bit of a problem finding drivers for certain brands such as Acer and some of the newer high end Dells. Steve.

Back
Top Bottom