3 Ring Hunt! PT950 and Chrome Hearts with Ice!

TK-421

Wow! Today's hunt goes to show you never know when a spot is 'hunted out!'

I hit my local resort at low tide again today (same beach I found the One Ring yesterday) and was kinda thinking I'd hit and re-hit most of the best spots already, but good tides are rare and so I figured I shouldn't let this one go to waste.

Glad I didn't!

I figured I'd take a chance on some mid-slope areas that have been hit-or-miss in the past. As evidenced by the photos-- there's less clad and hardware in those areas and more trash. And also some of the best jewelry.

Found the funky silver ring (what the heck is "ef et pe"???) first, only a couple scoops deep. Pretty pleased, cause that was fairly early on and a silver ring always makes me happy.

A while later I started digging on a faint signal that strengthened as I kept going deeper...and deeper...and deeper. I was half convinced it would be another big iron chunk, but hopeful that it might be a 500yen (those can be found more than a foot down for sure), so I was surprised when this big honkin silver ring shows up in my scoop. And it's even got some sparklies on it too! It was completely blackened with age, but I saw an inscription inside, so I figured-- big fat silver=cool.

Much later on a gal walked up to me and said her kid had lost his medallion on the beach (lots of tourist locations here sell customized medallions for exorbitant prices) and asked if I had come across it while I was hunting. I told her I had not, but offered to look for it if she knew generally where he'd lost it. She said not to worry about it and gestured to the far side of the beach and said it was "somewhere over there" (her wave encompassed an enormous area). I told her I'd let her know if I came across it, and changed direction to look in that area. I did not end up finding the medallion, but I did end up finding my first PT950 ring! (the others have been PT900). This was also my first platinum found with the Sand Shark! He's definitely earning his keep!

So when I got home and was checking out my finds I looked at the big honking silver ring in some better light and was startled to find that the inside is marked "Chrome Hearts 1992 Sterling."

Now I vaguely remembered reading somewhere on here that finding Chrome Hearts was practically as good as finding gold, and I didn't really understand what was up with that. But I did some image searching and finally found this particular Chrome Hearts ring. Evidently all eleven of those sparklies are diamonds and the ring originally retailed for $5000. Not yen-- dollars. Wow. Just wow. :shock:

Serious question, though-- what do I do with it!?! I don't even have proper silver cleaning supplies. I've just been polishing away the blackened ones (which is all of them) with really fine-grained sand paper because generally silver jewelry isn't worth attempting to sell anyway. But this monster I would LOVE to sell and would very much like to avoid damaging.

Maybe I should just take it to a jeweler and have it cleaned professionally? They could also make sure the stones are authentic (no, I don't have a diamond tester either...). What would y'all do?

Attachments

• 3 ring.jpg
    3 ring.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 744
  • File_005.jpg
    File_005.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 644
  • Weird silver.jpg
    Weird silver.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 665
  • Chrome Hearts.jpg
    Chrome Hearts.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 737
  • File_001 (1).jpg
    File_001 (1).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 640
  • And they fit!.jpg
    And they fit!.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 632
Evaluating your hunt....You are knocking the hell out of a broad spectrum of metals and the perfect kind of targets! I'm pretty sure you are gonna be a Monster here...!
Well done! Wonderful! Finally! :laughing:

Well, well, well.....A big CONGRATS on some great finds:bling:. I've seen a couple Chrome Heart rings posted b4 and know they sell for over the top prices. Try this on it to clean....
Bring one liter of water, one tablespoon of baking soda and one piece of aluminum foil to a boil. Drop silverware in the pot for 10 seconds (longer if it's very tarnished), then remove using kitchen tongs. Magic! If built-up tarnish persists, make a thick paste with 1/4 cup baking soda and two tablespoons of water
DL

Congrats on all the finds! Especially the 950 plat. Awesome spot you have.

Nothing is hunted out. Your beaches are HUGE. Do you have a 8" or 10" on that Sand Shark?

With either coils you really need to overlap your swings to make sure you have hit everything. Such a big area and almost impossible to do. As they say, you miss by an inch with a machine, you might as well miss by a mile. So keep going back to the same beach and do tighter swings. You will find more targets.

Beautiful rings. Love your adventures

Awesome rings, you had a pretty darn good day! I'd take that special one to a jeweler and have it professionally shined up if I was going to sell it. It would be a shame to do something to it to knock the value down. Congrats! :yes:

Wow TK!! Those are amazing ring finds, especially that Chrome Hearts!!:wow: who needs soft dirt?!! I think i'm moving to Japan:laughing:

Well done.

I have yet to find plat myself. That big silver ring is awesome!

If you get tired of detecting I think you could find a bright career as a hand model :yes:

Whooo Hoooo! Congrats on the first plat! Some great finds... I'd keep hitting that beach again and again, there's got to be more hiding there.

:dingding: Yep they ALL fit alright! ;) Good to see the SS treating you good while I was away!

Evaluating your hunt....You are knocking the hell out of a broad spectrum of metals and the perfect kind of targets! I'm pretty sure you are gonna be a Monster here...!
Well done! Wonderful! Finally! :laughing:

Arigatou Mud-sensei! I'm told that fall and winter are the best seasons for hunting here, so I'm hoping for more good hunting opportunities soon!

Well, well, well.....A big CONGRATS on some great finds:bling:. I've seen a couple Chrome Heart rings posted b4 and know they sell for over the top prices. Try this on it to clean....
Bring one liter of water, one tablespoon of baking soda and one piece of aluminum foil to a boil. Drop silverware in the pot for 10 seconds (longer if it's very tarnished), then remove using kitchen tongs. Magic! If built-up tarnish persists, make a thick paste with 1/4 cup baking soda and two tablespoons of water
DL

Ooo, thanks for the info! I'll definitely try that out (finally learned to identify baking soda in the Japanese grocery store, lol). Probably on the funky silver one first, in case i make any mistakes the first time around.

Congrats on all the finds! Especially the 950 plat. Awesome spot you have.

Nothing is hunted out. Your beaches are HUGE. Do you have a 8" or 10" on that Sand Shark?

With either coils you really need to overlap your swings to make sure you have hit everything. Such a big area and almost impossible to do. As they say, you miss by an inch with a machine, you might as well miss by a mile. So keep going back to the same beach and do tighter swings. You will find more targets.

Beautiful rings. Love your adventures

Arigatou, Scuba-sensei! I've got the 8" coil. Good point about missing stuff by inches. I'm sure I have many times. Some of those deep coins and that silver honker were in areas I'd certainly hit before, and they were far from fresh drops. And in many ways I'm still learning my Sand Shark, too. It'll be quite a while before I can say I'm proficient with it.

Wow, great hunt!

Yep! It was a happy one! I was on a nothing-but-silver streak for the past couple weeks, so the plat was very welcome!

Awesome hunt! Congrats on your first plat, heavy little suckers!

Yeah, I love the feel of them! Don't have a digital scale handy at the moment but I'd guess around 4 grams.

Awesome rings, you had a pretty darn good day! I'd take that special one to a jeweler and have it professionally shined up if I was going to sell it. It would be a shame to do something to it to knock the value down. Congrats! :yes:

Arigatou yo! Definitely considering it. Gotta get the inscription scrubbed off the plat before I sell it anyway, so I might see what the jeweler can do for the chrome hearts one. Then again, I'm heading to the mainland tomorrow and will wind up in Tokyo, where this is a Chrome Hearts store. I wonder if they can/will authenticate it... Then again, if it's real, do I really want to be carrying around a $5000 ring all over the Japanese Alps before hand...I dunno...

Sweet plat!! Wish I could hunt there in Japan.

Yep! Japan sure is the place for platinum! Since I started with the TK4 back in February I've found 2 gold rings and 4 platinum rings. I think I'd be ok with keeping to that ratio!

Fantastic hunting and great Platinum, Congrats! :wow: :cool:

Arigatou, Irons-sensei! :grin:

Wow TK!! Those are amazing ring finds, especially that Chrome Hearts!!:wow: who needs soft dirt?!! I think i'm moving to Japan:laughing:

Hehehe, there's definitely some good hunting over here! But even the sand is not so soft here (at least in the best hunting zones). I've already shredded one pair of neoprene gloves digging through sharp coral sand. But the finds are certainly worth it!

Nice post and finds! Wow!

Arigato yo!

Well done.

If you get tired of detecting I think you could find a bright career as a hand model :yes:

Hehe, arigato! It would be a short career, I think. With my family history, I've probably just a couple years before arthritis turns them into gnarled and terrifying goblin fingers. :laughing:

Whooo Hoooo! Congrats on the first plat! Some great finds... I'd keep hitting that beach again and again, there's got to be more hiding there.

Yep! It is definitely my 'go-to' beach whenever I don't have time for a long drive or I get off work just as the low tide is ending. It's only a 15 minute drive from my apartment and it's a massive resort hotel with a huge swim area and the staff let me hunt there whenever I like. I'm told (and I believe) there are richer beaches around, and I have plans to hit them when the tides are timely and favorable, but it's nice to have a 'home beach' that really produces!

:dingding: Yep they ALL fit alright! ;) Good to see the SS treating you good while I was away!

Arigatou Felix-sensei! Yep- I'm really liking the SS!

One weird thing, though. It seems to pick up on strange localized frequencies or interference of some kind. Like there's this one zone on my home beach, and any time i get within ten meters of it my threshold sound changes into a 'wa-wa-wa-WA' pattern, that gets louder as I get closer to the zone. Interestingly, if I'm close to the zone but turn and start heading away, the interference disappears. Also, if I detect right in the middle of the zone the interference disappears but the detector will 'hiccup' every 10 to 30 seconds (makes a short 'wu-WU' sound) and otherwise operate normally..

This phenomenon scared the snot out of me the first time it happened, cause I'd only hunted with the Sand Shark a couple times and I'm like-- I broke it! I don't know how-- but I broke it! But eventually I came to realize it's a feature of the beach. It consistently happens only in that area, and otherwise operates exactly as it's supposed to. I also found one other beach with this phenomenon. It's right in the middle of the city. The 'wa-wa-wa-WA' pattern was so strong and loud everywhere on that beach that it was pretty much impossible to hear other signals. I do want to try there again, since that was early days and I didn't really stick around to further explore the problem.

Weird stuff, ne. I've heard of detectors picking up on EM frequencies and such. Maybe that's what it is? Hm.

Well done.

You have perfect hands for showing your ring treasures! Very pretty! Now I hope by summers end we won't be able to see them because of all the rings you'll find!

Back
Top Bottom