Curse you Chicago!

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
For having the sidewalk tear-ups before the team contest starts LOL. Since it is only 10 minutes from work, I went for about 30 minutes during my lunch break. Always interesting when you detect as city workers are doing their job (which isn't often :p ). Had a homeowner who must have thought I was working with them as she offered me a 2 liter bottle of RC to share with the group. Should have said "sure" and drove back to work with it :lol:

I did shut up one worker who said "How much they get you for". IE - I see you were suckered into buying a metal detector. Replied that it cost me $200 and I already found around $600 with it. Shut him up very quickly. I also had comments like "find me a gold coin", etc. Real wisenheimer's :D

Anyway, I found another wheatie (not sure of the date) and what I thought was a nickel size token as I didn't recognize the (mostly crusted over) obverse or reverse. A little soap and water reveals a 1910 V Nickel :tumble:

They're going to have 90% of the cement poured by Friday *ugh*

That's funny stuff........I will never forget the day a lady called me over and told me an A-hole my ''boss'' was , best I could figure she thought I was part of the work crew .......

My wife told me to get one of those "Staff Event" tshirts. I think she may be on to something. They are tearing up my mom's street right now, i may have to get over there before they are done. Can't get any worse then what i've been finding :)

My wife told me to get one of those "Staff Event" tshirts. I think she may be on to something. They are tearing up my mom's street right now, i may have to get over there before they are done. Can't get any worse then what i've been finding :)

An orange safety vest is always nice to keep in your car or truck......makes you look ''offical''

Hot dang, I went back after work and got the hat trick on Rosies :spin::spin::spin: A 1956, 1957 & 1963, The 1956 was sitting on the surface where they put in some forms. Workers missed it :0)

An orange safety vest is always nice to keep in your car or truck......makes you look ''offical''

do not forget a yellow rotating magnetic light from sears that plugs into your cigarette lighter and sticks to your roof.

then hardhat, gloves and boots to complete the ensamble.:lol:

Hot dang, I went back after work and got the hat trick on Rosies :spin::spin::spin: A 1956, 1957 & 1963, The 1956 was sitting on the surface where they put in some forms. Workers missed it :0)

Sweet stuff........presistence pays off ..........good work

Good for you OZ! Did you ask the guys where they'll be ripping-up sidewalk next?
Yes, but they had no idea LOL. I did talk to one guy before hitting it the second time yesterday and he was telling me of finding quite a few old coins now and then (he only had a clad dime, quarter and 2 marbles in his hand) and whipped (out of his billfold) a beautiful 189x IH cent that he found at some other sidewalk tear-up. Oh, if I could only find one in that good of condition. He said he had a small jar full of old coins, including an 1820 dime :wow:

Back
Top Bottom