A deep coil for the Vaquero

Dorado

Elite Member
I'm becoming interested in buying a deeper coil for giving a second pass on my productive areas, I'm only using the stock coil now. Have you ever tried the 10x12dd or the new Detech ultimate? there's another one called NEL Tornado

have you used any of those? I'd like to hear your opinions

if you are a tejon user, or any other model, you are welcome

Depends on what type of area your talking about. For parks or any area that can be trashy the 5.75 coil is awesome. It will seperate the trash really well and it goes almost as deep as the 8x9 coil. On beach areas I like the 5x10 elliptical coil. It's a DD so you may lose a little depth you can hunt in the wet sand better. HH

I forgot to mention, it is for hunting farm fields and soils with medium and high mineralization, I'm looking for a coil deeper than the stock one

A larger coil does not always equate to much deeper targets. A 10x12 coil will go about an inch deeper on coin sized targets or cw bullets. Were a larger coil shines is for larger targets like a buckle. If the field you are hunting is pretty clean and your relic hunting the 10x12 would be a good coil. But if your looking mostly for coins I would stick with the stock coil.

A larger coil does not always equate to much deeper targets. A 10x12 coil will go about an inch deeper on coin sized targets or cw bullets. Were a larger coil shines is for larger targets like a buckle. If the field you are hunting is pretty clean and your relic hunting the 10x12 would be a good coil. But if your looking mostly for coins I would stick with the stock coil.

Thanks for replying Diggerdug, what you say is what I have read about the 10x12, that you get with that coil more ground coverage than depth, a fact that conditions my purchase. that's why the detech coils called my attention

And no matter what company makes the larger coil the characteristics are the same for all. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom