Got arrested today.

Brian in TN

Forum Supporter
Well, I didnt but Don/Ninja did.:shock:

We were scanning a credit union front lot about 8:30 this morning when a cruiser pulled up. Lights and siren go off and next thing he is on the hood of the squad car and Im about 20 yards from him wondering what the heck!
Don is stripped of his tector, Lesche and utility belt being searched. Im standing there in awe and not moving a muscle, except dropping my Lesche to the ground for the officer. The cop doesnt deal with me cause I wasnt digging when he showed up.
Dude cuffs Don and I take some pics with my phone whilst this is happening.
I take Dons stuff and off he goes to whoknowswhere.
What a day!:wow:

Attachments

• DSC02702.jpg
    DSC02702.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 15,542
  • cop1.jpg
    cop1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 14,744
  • cop2.jpg
    cop2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 14,434
:wow:

Glad to see the cop didn't mind you taking pics ;) But I mean, hmm... was Don told he couldn't be there, err, are we missing part of the story?

Cop said he got a call about someone trespassing and I reckon he saw him digging. Not sure why he didnt bother with me except a scolding about private property.

Seems to me if it were someone in the bank, why go through the trouble of having someone arrested when you can politely come out and say hey... go away.

That really stinks! How much was it to bail him out? Say they didn't take his gear for "evidence" did they? He may not get it back. If you were on some property filled with no trespassing signs everywhere would be one thing but that is crazy!

Anonymous calls

Thats the trouble now days. People can call in anonymous tips and the cops will run out and arrest someone with no substance at at. In my county some stranger who lives in the next state can call in and report someone for not cutting their grass and have them fined or jailed. If you live by a bad neighbor watch out. Lots of mean people around.

Thats crazy!! makes you wonder what would have happened to all his gear if you werent there....

Did you at least go bail him out??:p

Crazy cops in TN!!

There's got to be more to this story....
I just can't imagine...
Doesn't make any sense to me!

I bet he was thinking that you's were just pretending to be detecting when in all reality you were digging a tunnel into the bank with your Lesche to steal all of the money. Steve.

They were warned it was illegal to metal detect in Tenn. , them boys just don't listen. lol lol HH Harold

Well, of course you got arrested, Brian. The place you chose to dig down & over into the credit union was jus' too obvious. :lol:

Remind me to stay out of Chattanooga..one thing about it though ; you folks must have a zero crime rate if the police can use their time harrassing some guy lookng for lost change..I hope sombody got your friend out, but this could be a real expensive deal..court cost around here is over $150 , not counting a fine...digging on bank property sounds pretty risky to me...I've done worse, but I knew going in that I'd be arrested if I got caught...I got stopped by a cop last winter for digging ( actually screwdriver version ) in a posted park at night..he said I was breaking 2 laws...defacing park prop. and being in the park after sundown..but no Gestapo tactics & cuffs like your buddy got...I just said I wouldn't be back and he let it go at that...if the police around here had the same reaction to every technical violation of the law that you guys got, they'd need a jail the size of Grand Central.. Roadrunner

Im Home

Just to let everyone know I am home and doing well, and NO I was not taken advantage of while being detained.

Everything happened very quickly, I almost didnt believe it was happening. Someone had called because we were on private property digging. But it really wasent private property it was City property.

I was down on one knee with my Lesche digging a plug from a good signal when out the corner of my eye I see a police car with lights on. I didnt think much about it because of the neighborhood we were in, till he turned into our parking lot. I put my digger and pinpointer in my pouch and walked towards the officer. He said I received a call from someone saying there were guys digging in the bank and "do you know anything about this" I replied "NO". So he asks what is that thing you have there I said a metal detector, and what is that on your side I said a shovel, so he says must be what I saw you digging with. :roll: I was really trying to do everything he asked. He went through my bag and took my pocket knife and made assume the possition. I was ok at this point just figured he was doing his job, till he took the cuffs out :mad: :mad: ....he mentioned that he did not witnes Brian digging and that when he arrived I was on my knees digging and then lied to him about what I was doing. :?: He was hearing nothing and let Brian take my gear and truck. Thank goodness I will get my stuff back from Brian.

Just to let everyone know I am home and doing well, and NO I was not taken advantage of while being detained.

Everything happened very quickly, I almost didnt believe it was happening. Someone had called because we were on private property digging. But it really wasent private property it was City property.

I was down on one knee with my Lesche digging a plug from a good signal when out the corner of my eye I see a police car with lights on. I didnt think much about it because of the neighborhood we were in, till he turned into our parking lot. I put my digger and pinpointer in my pouch and walked towards the officer. He said I received a call from someone saying there were guys digging in the bank and "do you know anything about this" I replied "NO". So he asks what is that thing you have there I said a metal detector, and what is that on your side I said a shovel, so he says must be what I saw you digging with. :roll: I was really trying to do everything he asked. He went through my bag and took my pocket knife and made assume the possition. I was ok at this point just figured he was doing his job, till he took the cuffs out :mad: :mad: ....he mentioned that he did not witnes Brian digging and that when he arrived I was on my knees digging and then lied to him about what I was doing. :?: He was hearing nothing and let Brian take my gear and truck. Thank goodness I will get my stuff back from Brian.

I am glad you are OK! And I am glad you are able to get your equipment back!

Geez!!! We can't get a sheriff out here when there's something REALLY going on! Glad you both are OK... remind us not to take our MD's when we go visit our grandkid in Greeneville!

emdees

Back
Top Bottom