You'll never believe what I found in the attic...

Jacatro

So...I started thinking...What DID I do with that old detector?
Thought I gave it to one of the kids-lost to memory- had a look in the attic to see if at least my old sand sieve was there- there in a corner in a blue carrying case-
My old Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Pro...the rechargeable battery is shot, but theres a pack that holds 4 C batteries- still beeps- headphones a bit worse for wear- sitting up there for 15 years or will do that I guess- I'll take it out tomorrow and see if it still performs- this baby is like 30 years old!

I got one of those I salvaged from my neighbor who husband died. She was going to test it out and when she put the the battery she let some smoke out so it was on it's way to the curb. Asked about it and she said help yourself. Think it was just the speaker that shorted out, works fine with headphones. One of these months I need to open it up and see what I can find.

I still have my Di Pro 6000 and it is stored in the famous blue bag. All told, not a bad pulse induction machine.

I got one of those I salvaged from my neighbor who husband died. She was going to test it out and when she put the the battery she let some smoke out so it was on it's way to the curb. Asked about it and she said help yourself. Think it was just the speaker that shorted out, works fine with headphones. One of these months I need to open it up and see what I can find.

I saw that on another forum whilst I was looking for more info on this one- I will unpack it and take a nice pic at the beach later-its the blue casing one-the Pro series-
Did you get yours going or just using the headphones? My headphones are a bit wonky-it's really dry in my attic and they look like they're made of pleather- easily remedied, I hope-if this thing still works, I can at least splurge on new headphones!

I still have my "Coinmaster 6000/D Series 2" that I bought in 1981. Great machine for the time. Yesterday I was looking thru some old papers and found the original instruction manual. Can hardly believe I still have it. Wish it would have had the sales ticket with it but no.

Those 6000di pros are awesome machines.
Other than weight and balance its as deep as 95% of the newer machines.
Hope she finds some treasures for you!

So...I started thinking...What DID I do with that old detector?
Thought I gave it to one of the kids-lost to memory- had a look in the attic to see if at least my old sand sieve was there- there in a corner in a blue carrying case-
My old Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Pro...the rechargeable battery is shot, but theres a pack that holds 4 C batteries- still beeps- headphones a bit worse for wear- sitting up there for 15 years or will do that I guess- I'll take it out tomorrow and see if it still performs- this baby is like 30 years old!

Give it a chance. My old White's 5900 Di Pro still works, and last spring found me a 14.5 gram platinum ring at the beach (in the wet sand). There's still life in that old blue box. :yes:

I saw that on another forum whilst I was looking for more info on this one- I will unpack it and take a nice pic at the beach later-its the blue casing one-the Pro series-
Did you get yours going or just using the headphones? My headphones are a bit wonky-it's really dry in my attic and they look like they're made of pleather- easily remedied, I hope-if this thing still works, I can at least splurge on new headphones!

Never got around to taking it apart yet. Have 4 detectors, have played around with it with an extra set of headphones a couple of times and it seems to work alright just never been high on my list of priorities with family life & work. One of these months I'll pop it open and take a peek inside. Until then have plenty of other toys to play with.

I really like those old whites machines, they certainly got alot more depth than I anticipated. Not up to par with today's technology, but ABSOLUTELY capable of finding semi deep valuables. Congrats!

I bought a 6000 Di when they first came out. I really liked it but sold it when Teknetics came out with their 8500 and 9000 detectors which i still have.

Just back from my first day hunting in many years- found 2 iron nails, a pull ring and 2 bottle caps!
BkI8BO3l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom