Virginia trip in July

ynnek4

Hi,

I will be visiting family the first week in July in the Virginia Beach area. I have been using some overlays to find some old home sites around there and it looks promising. Anything worth checking out in that area or surrounding areas? I would love to leave Virginia with my first minnie ball! It has been a lifelong goal of mine. We don't see many of them in Florida. Lol. It looks like most CW battles were concentrated around Richmond. Any tips to share with a Florida cracker?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck with the soil. I was in the Charlottesville area for a week a couple years ago. The soil there is just loaded with iron. Virginia can be a little touchy on detecting so make sure it's ok wherever you go.

Good luck with the soil. I was in the Charlottesville area for a week a couple years ago. The soil there is just loaded with iron. Virginia can be a little touchy on detecting so make sure it's ok wherever you go.

I am actually staying in a house that was built in 1950 so there could be some goodies there. Anywhere I go I will for sure try to get permission. I am sure a lot of the farm fields towards Richmond have been pounded to death!

Back
Top Bottom