Ground thaw

Crackdaddy

Well I was trying to figure out how long it will take for the ground to thaw enough to dig. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground now. And the temperature has been. Right around 5 at night and high 20's in the day. And now the forecast is for temps in the mid 40's day and high 20's at night for the next 10 days. I am just hoping that I can get out and dig in the next 5 or 6 days

Well I was trying to figure out how long it will take for the ground to thaw enough to dig. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground now. And the temperature has been. Right around 5 at night and high 20's in the day. And now the forecast is for temps in the mid 40's day and high 20's at night for the next 10 days. I am just hoping that I can get out and dig in the next 5 or 6 days

We have a little more snow here - 10 to 12". The temps will be about what you are getting - i'm thinking probably take about a week to thaw enough to dig. :mad:

A foot of frozen snow here, temps in the 20's in the daytime, single digits at night. Another foot of snow coming Thursday, frozen ground until March...Thank goodness for the beach:lol:

Thanks for the reply Captain. I was thinking about the same. That I can get out in about a week. I got a new machine and am going nuts waiting to try it out. Well good luck to you Sir and HH.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

here in Minnesota we have frozen tundra down 6 feet and waterlines that deep are breaking so i'm hoping but June I will be able to dig

here in Minnesota we have frozen tundra down 6 feet and waterlines that deep are breaking so i'm hoping but June I will be able to dig

About the same here. The city of Big Rapids MI today told their residents to leave the tap water running in every house because the water main lines are freezing.

Looks like we are all chomping at the bit to get out and play in the dirt. Like a bunch of kids but our toys cost more. Lol

I feel you guys up in MI. Im in Wi and today at 7am when I let the dogs out it was -18F. Hit a whopping 12F today which is not bad compared to the last couple months. Prob have around 18" of snow on the ground on average and there are road signs all over the city marking all the spots that were dug up to repair frozen water lines. Not to mention the cost of propane shooting up to around $5-7 a gallon!:shock: Sure glad I prepayed for 500 gallons last spring at $1.39!!!! :grin:

Really hoping by late April

We'll the temperature is dropping in NE Pa into the single digits again tonight. Also Snow is in the forecast for Thursday already got 8" on the ground but nothing seems to thaw out. I'm new at this but most of all I'm excited to get out there and MD. Got things ready to go with my F75 Ltd and Garrett pin pointer and just got a set of Koss QZ99 headphones. Guess I have to much time to read forums so it cost me additional $ since I'm rearing to go. I have some good looking areas to hunt but can't get the due to the weather.:impatient:

Back
Top Bottom