Is the Garrett Carrott an upgrade from the Nokta?

inspectordector

I started out with a Nokta Simplex so got the Nokta pinpointer to go with it. I’ve since upgraded to a Nox 800 and wondering if the Carrott would be a better pinpointer than the Nokta or are they more or less equal? I ask because in metal detecting videos the Carrott looks like it finds stuff under the surface (ie before you dig) a bit better/deeper than the Nokta, but that could just be a factor of what kinds of things make it into the videos.

Anyone use both and can compare?

In my limited experience the Garrett carrot does go deeper than my Nokta pulsedive configured as a pinpointer. I leave the Nokta in my accessories backpack for a spare.
Normally I use the black garrett but when it's range is not enough I pull out the carrot.

Based on my research, the Carrot and N/M Pinpointer (the one that normally retails for about $85) are about the same in terms of performance. The only real differences from what I discovered are the placement of the buttons, probe cover and more sensitivity adjustments with the N/M Pinpointer.

If you want more depth with your pinpointer so you can find targets before you dig, consider the Fisher F-Pulse. That definitely has more range than the Garrett Carrot.

Back
Top Bottom