A Penny or so I Thought

Numil

Elite Member
Got out today for for the first time in a couple of weeks. Got to hunt for close to 3 hours and was having a good time. In the beginning I scored 2 Tungsten rings and the smaller one was one of those heartbeat rings. Do you know that Pandora sells those puppies for $150! Yikes

Anyway, my time on the sand was coming to a close and I was running out of beach so was time to head back. In the crest between to wash outs I get a tone on the NOX. I look at the reading.. solid 21 and I'm thinking "sheesh another freaking Lincoln". I was getting tired and mentally debated with myself on whether or not to dig. Well the pirate in me won telling this swabbie to dig so drove my scoop home, pulled it out thinking I'm in for another copper and in the scoop it a ring. I say to myself cool but the thing is reddish i color so I'm thinking it gotta be a copper ring.

I get home and put the loop on it looking for hallmarks and in very small but readable markings it says 14K! Oh Mama! I wasn't expecting that!

So for the day I came home with $7 in clad, a beat up Ladies Omega watch, a junk earring, 2 tungsten carbides and 7.1g of 14K rose gold. 7th gold for the year.

Stay safe out there everyone Happy Hunting and good luck.

Attachments

• Ring Clad.jpg
    Ring Clad.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Ring x3.jpg
    Ring x3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 977
  • Ring Cannon.jpg
    Ring Cannon.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 995
  • Ring Wt.jpg
    Ring Wt.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 972
Congrats on the goldy!!! Awesome find, the pics make it look like yellow gold. Got some weight to it too. :wow2::wow2:

Two Tungsten. Well, THAT's gotta pi$$ you off! But nice save on the penny!

R5

:dingding: Congrats on the nice band! Considering the videos on the 'Nox where gold's range is all over the place I just dig it all.

Nice finds, especially the yellow gold!

That 21 zincoln signal on the NOX is a puzzle sometimes. I have found several IHs that rang up as zincs, including today. It depends on where Im at if I decide to dig them or not, but it seems that I dig them more and more now just because of what you found there. Good job!

Congrats on the goldy!!! Awesome find, the pics make it look like yellow gold. Got some weight to it too. :wow2::wow2:

Yea I noticed that about the ring looking yellow in the pics. Every time I show the ring to someone the first thing they say is "Copper?" Oh well... thanks for looking!

Two Tungsten. Well, THAT's gotta pi$$ you off! But nice save on the penny!

R5
Yea lately I've found several JunkSten rings to the point I know right away as soon as I see them in the scoop I've found another! Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

Congrats on the gold.. $7 ain't bad either, almost 1/2oz of silver

Thanks! yup I'm one of those that buys silver rounds with the clad I find every year. Thanks for looking!

nice saves congrats on the yellow and it has some good weight too :D

Usually men's rings average about 5g but I'll take anything these days!

Nice catch!

Thanks!

Congrats on the gold! Plenty of targets there. Omega?

Yes! that watch which has been in the sand a while was an Omega. Lots of the casing started to fall apart. Still fun to find that stuff though!

A nice capture Numil. I've never found a rose gold yet. Cingrats.

That's my second rose gold in as many months when I found that trinity ring a while back. it was 3 interlocking rings one of each color of gold.

Congrats, last summer I too got a 21 on my nox at the beach and Big mama! It was a 14k mans band!

Yup I've learnrd to dig any repeatable signal no matter what the VDI is reading. Although that some coming thru as a solid 21 was a surprise to me. Thanks for looking.

:dingding: Congrats on the nice band! Considering the videos on the 'Nox where gold's range is all over the place I just dig it all.

Learned to ignore the VDI and just dig any repeatable signal including 1's. Haven't found any gold reading 1 but I did find a 10K chain that was a solid "2" Thanks for looking Felix and good luck out there.

Sweet!!! Nice gold band and a couple more rings makes a really nice hunt. Congrats!

A three ring day even if a couple were Junksten Carbide still make for a good hunt. Thanks for looking

Oh yea, a nice chunk of yellow for sure, congrats!

Well copper color... yea I know the pics make it look yellow but in person everyone says "Copper?" which is what I thought when I first laid eyes on it.

Nice finds, especially the yellow gold!

That 21 zincoln signal on the NOX is a puzzle sometimes. I have found several IHs that rang up as zincs, including today. It depends on where Im at if I decide to dig them or not, but it seems that I dig them more and more now just because of what you found there. Good job!

Now that you mention it I think the VDI is sensitive to the mineral conditions at the same time as sensing the target as well. Hummm will have to run a test or two next time I get into a patch of black sand.

Aloha,

Nice hunt....love that rose gold !!

Thanks and Happy Hunting and Good luck!

Very cool!! I can't tell ya how many Times I pass up pennies then kick myself later for it wondering if it was a ring (dimes and copper pennies ring up just like silver on my machine's) but never thought it might be gold! Conhrats on the chunky yellow goodness!

Back
Top Bottom