Best metal detector for under $300

Mpetersen

I was thinking Garrett ace 300, but post any other metal detectors you think are the best under $300

I like the Fisher F2/F22 in that price range. Nokta’s upcoming Simplex sounds very interesting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm new to the hobby. did a bit of research and decided on the fisher f-22. it looks and sounds much like the eurotek, in that it has the factory set ground balance. i think they are both made by the same company, i could be wrong about that. but i was in the same price range. keep in mind you will still want to get a quality pinpointer and a good digger. add another $150 or more. make sure you like the hobby enough to invest that much.

Hi Mpetersen
welcome to the forum and great question. A couple of questions for you: where do you live (generally) and where do you want to detect - like salt beaches, freshwater lakes and rivers, do you need a waterproof detector or just a dry land detector? Those factors make a big difference. There aren't any waterproof detectors (until the Simplex is released) under $300 unless you can find a slightly used Fisher F44 or a very used one of the Garrett AT series.

For normal (not highly mineralized soil) dry land/dry sand at the beach use along with some shallow fresh water shoreline hunting with just the coil submerged a bit, the Garrett Ace series, Fisher F22, the Teknetics Ameritek Minuteman (same as the Eurotek Pro but less expensive for some reason) and the Whites Treasuremaster will do fine.

good luck,
Jeff

I live in iowa, i mostly metal detect in baseball fields and on grassy areas hope so that helps, jeff
Thanks

Best Metal Detector Under $300

Please List some metal dectors under $300 dollars, i hunt grassy areas, old baseball fields, etc , I live in iowa.
Thanks

You may be able to get a used Tesoro Vaquero for around $300 and that would definitely give you the deepest machine for the money.

As far as new machines go, I like Teknetics and had good luck with an entry level machine of theirs (Delta)- current models of Minuteman or Liberator are both under $300.

Fisher F22 (not much difference with Teknetics)

Garrett Ace 300 is a machine that many start with...

I don't know anything about the Minelab GoFind series but they are well priced.

To the OP. Your duplicate threads on this subject have been merged and moved to this forum, which is more appropriate to your question.

Another vote for Eurotek Pro. I had mine out today with the 8" concentric coil. I was got a one way hit high tone then iron grunts. I raised the coil up and wiggled around (target was probably 3" - 4" deep") and was able to hone in on the target, which turned out to be a wheat cent. I saw it as soon as I lifted the plug. I stuck the pinpointer in the hole and got a hit on the side of the plug. It was about a 5 rusty inch nail at arond 5 inches deep!

If you understand your conditions and listen to what the detector is saying, you can really pick through some junk with this metal detector. You'll get decent depth to around 8 inches. I definitely found a penny between 6" and 7" today.

It is a VERY solid metal detector for $219. You also have a many coil choices. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with mine longer as my main detector before upgrading.

Also, the main reason I chose it was because it has the ability to turn down the Iron volume. There are a lot of detectors that STILL don't have that ability.

Keep in mind I am still impressed by this detector and I own and Equinox, ORX, and have had many others. I always keep the Eurotek Pro and really enjoy using it when I do take it out.

One con is the pinpoint button. Mine messed up and I sent it off for repair. It came back and was messed up again in about 2 months or less. Really the 8" coil or smaller you really don't need the pinpoint function. There are a lot of alternative ways to pinpoint that are better that using the pinpoint button anyway.

D

Another vote for Teknetics - the Minuteman (rebranded Eurotek Pro) plus a top-quality pinpointer will put you at right about your $300 budget.

Back
Top Bottom